Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-20-2020, 10:24 AM   #811
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Sidebar: It's bridge code, so, as usual, it may take *two* reboots after an install for it to be any help.

EDIT: Also, the bridge isn't actually up to date in those logs anyway .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-20-2020 at 10:27 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 12:29 PM   #812
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Sidebar: It's bridge code, so, as usual, it may take *two* reboots after an install for it to be any help.

EDIT: Also, the bridge isn't actually up to date in those logs anyway .
Thanks, confirmed: after installing the latest bridge (Update_jailbreak_bridge_*_install.bin) via mrpi and double restart, the hotfix can be installed via UYK.
(We understand that there is no need to install the hotfix after all, just to summarize).
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 03:55 PM   #813
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@hius07: *insert evil laugh here*

That said, to be clear: it'll take someone approximately 4s to defeat that, so, 5.12.x is still on track to rampage through jailbreaks.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:49 PM   #814
NiLuJe
BLAM!

And another minor update purely to refine the latest bridge tweaks.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:50 PM   #815
NiLuJe
BLAM!

And a minor update to fix a regression in the previous update that broke zlib-ng, which broke, among other things, cover mode in the screensavers hack.

This also includes a minor update to KUAL to enable the Voyage buttons properly, which should hopefully help with button issues in KOReader.

Following what I did on Kobo, the Python package has been split in two: the archive now includes an update package for Python 2 (python), and for Python 3 (python3).

Both the ScreenSaver & Fonts hack depends on Python 2, so, installation instructions are still up to date . (The download is also 20MB lighter because of an oversight dating back to the introduction of Python 3 where the redundant source python3 tarball wasn't getting excluded properly).
Old 06-09-2020, 01:34 PM   #816
AKOTb
AKOTb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Hello friends!
I recently met with the KUAL package. Many new features for the book are very interesting. But tell me please, is it possible to install KUAL on the Kindle DX? Does that make sense? What additional applications can I run on my Kindle DX after installing KUAL? Will Python be available to this book?
AKOTb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:33 PM   #817
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@AKOTb:
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
It'll run on (pretty much) anything, as long as it's running FW >= 2.3!
And Python has pretty much nothing to do with KUAL, but that's a yes, too.
Old 06-10-2020, 12:38 AM   #818
AKOTb
AKOTb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@AKOTb:

And Python has pretty much nothing to do with KUAL, but that's a yes, too.
Is there currently a browser for KUAL to run it on the Kindle DX? The standard experimental browser does not open anything.
I would like to get access to downloading books online. While away from home, access my own library of books posted somewhere on the site. Now it is possible only through the Amazon store. Even downloading books through a mailbox attached to an Amazon account does not help, books sent to a mailbox are not loaded into DX. But from the Amazon store, everything loads without problems.
I thought that I could implement this in Python. But I'm not sure that this is possible.
AKOTb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 12:01 PM   #819
NiLuJe
BLAM!

KUAL has nothing to do with a browser.

And the DX didn't have WiFi, right? So, nope, not gonna happen. (And if it were, that'd be a ToS breach, and I'd ask you to stop looking into it).
Old 06-10-2020, 12:37 PM   #820
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Hi @NiLuJe!

Encountered some issues with LibrarianSync after updating to latest python. Any ideas? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I recently updated my add-ons and extensions to the latest releases from June 5 (my previous update was like Feb-Apr of last year ) and LibrarianSync has stopped working with the latest python2 build.

This is on PW3 32GB Manga (purchased in US via Woot) running older customer FW 5.8.11 (I believe last FW version with Kindlet support).

Haven't tested yet on any of my newer devices/firmwares but this is the error I get running via terminal.

Spoiler:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./generate_collections.py", line 16, in <module>
from cc_update import CCUpdate
File "/mnt/us/extensions/librariansync/cc_update.py", line 6, in <module>
from kindle_logging import log, LIBRARIAN_SYNC
File "/mnt/us/extensions/librariansync/kindle_logging.py", line 4, in <module>
from _fbink import ffi, lib as fbink
ImportError: /mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/_cffi_backend.so: undefined symbol: Py_SET_REFCNT

Typed that in manually since I just ran it via kterm for Kindle so I apologize for any typos. I don't think I have USB Networking set up on this device and I've kinda forgotten how to get that working with Windows 7. I never really figured out how to do the SSH over wifi so I'm unable to remote in from my iPad.

P.S. Custom screensaver add-on is working so I assume python2 installed fine.

P.P.S. In case it matters, I also have python3 installed.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:04 PM   #821
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yup, the Python 2 cffi build is currently broken, thanks for the heads up .

c.f., http://trac.ak-team.com/trac/changeset/17490/niluje
Old 06-13-2020, 05:28 PM   #822
NiLuJe
BLAM!

And another minor update to fix the Python 2 cFFI issue .
Old 06-16-2020, 02:30 PM   #823
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Hi,
I have a Kindle Voyage and was happily using the JB, with screensavers and font hack, before accidentally allowing an "upgrade" to 5.12.5 (I had been on 5.12.3). My bad.
I've downloaded all of the latest Snapshots, and the hotfix actually appeared to install with UYK. But I cannot get ;log mrpi to do anything from the search bar (yes, I'm searching everywhere and I installed the lasted snapshot of the MrPi installer and extensions). I search on that string and nothing happens at all.
Any thoughts/guidance would be much appreciated, even if I'm SOL.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 02:53 PM   #824
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
@rogerinnyc, try this
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325477
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 03:14 PM   #825
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Thanks hius07. I actually re-found that thread after posting here -- and even saw that I had posted there (on p.2) in thanks that the first post there restored my ;log mrpi functionality when I was on 5.12.3.

I'll post there now (and stop posting here) -- but those steps haven't re-enabled ;log mrpi for me on 5.12.5. As noted, I am able to install the update_jailbreak_hotfix 1.16.N, but still no ;log mrpi functionality.

EDIT: Just for those that don't find both threads, I'll report that after what I believe might have been my third restart of my Kindle after installing the hotfix 1.16.N using UYK, a search using ;log mrpi actually worked and I was able to reinstall all my hacks. But I'm honestly not sure which of my multiple steps were essential/extraneous. Will certainly be more careful about avoiding future updates (I hope!).

Last edited by rogerinnyc; 06-16-2020 at 04:04 PM.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hacks, kindle, niluje