Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2020, 09:54 PM   #271
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thanks, I figured as much. I won't be doing any hacks as the Kobo does everything out of the box that I want.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:59 AM   #272
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I agree. The number of requests is not that high compared to the actual devices out there. And, I'm fairly sure that a lot of the requests for images could be fixed by doing a factory reset properly.
There are also other reasons apart from "bricking" for requesting an image.

I wanted to swap the built-in microSD with a much bigger 64GB card so I requested for an image before I even received my Kobo.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 02:38 PM   #273
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can you turn off the magnet cover turn on feature in software? My Paperwhite (now without a cover) will turn on if my glasses case (which has a magnet) touches it the right way which is annoying and unfortunately I can't turn it off in software.

Old 12-08-2020, 03:00 PM   #274
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jeepin View Post
Can you turn off the magnet cover turn on feature in software? My Paperwhite (now without a cover) will turn on if my glasses case (which has a magnet) touches it the right way which is annoying and unfortunately I can't turn it off in software.
Yes, you can disable a sleep cover from waking Kobo readers. Settings, under Energy saving and privacy, Sleepcover, "Automatically sleep and wake up"... just uncheck that box.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 04:51 PM   #275
jenken67
jenken67 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW
Believe it or not, in some countries getting a eink reader other than a kindle is not so much of an option.
jenken67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 04:57 PM   #276
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenken67 View Post
Believe it or not, in some countries getting a eink reader other than a kindle is not so much of an option.
None of my ereaders have been bought from a local shop. All were ordered from foreign online stores. My Kindles from Amazon, my Kobo from a store in Netherlands and my Nook from GoodEReader.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 05:09 PM   #277
jenken67
jenken67 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW
Here we'll end up paying around 40-60% for shipping and at the end of the day settle for kindle unless we can get someone abroard the device they bought from there. I'd imagine it will be easier and shipping much cheaper for, say for a Dutch person to buy something from Germany.

Last edited by jenken67; 12-08-2020 at 05:12 PM.
jenken67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 06:03 PM   #278
just_jeepin
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Yes, you can disable a sleep cover from waking Kobo readers. Settings, under Energy saving and privacy, Sleepcover, "Automatically sleep and wake up"... just uncheck that box.
Just what I was hoping for, thanks!