Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 05-24-2007, 09:04 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Kline, Otis Adelbert: The Outlaws of Mars. v1. 24 May 07

I loved these, along with Burroughs, when I was growing up. These are great fun, innocent and fun like Burroughs. Of course, in my opinion, Burroughs is the master but Kline is still pretty good.

Here's what the Wik says:

"Otis Adelbert Kline (1891-1946) was an adventure novelist and literary agent during the pulp era. Much of his work first appeared in the magazine Weird Tales. Kline was an amateur orientalist and a student of Arabic, like his friend and sometime collaborator, E. Hoffmann Price.

"Kline is best known for his purported novelistic feud with Edgar Rice Burroughs. In 1929, long before planetary romance became a conventional genre, he wrote Planet of Peril, a novel set on the planet Venus and written in the storytelling form of Burroughs's Martian novels. He followed this with two sequels. In response to Kline's "poaching" on his territory, Burroughs began writing his own Venus series. Kline's rejoinder was an even more direct intrusion, boldly setting two novels on Mars. He also wrote of white jungle adventurerers quite reminiscent of Burroughs's Tarzan.[1] However, the evidence of the feud itself is indirect, and the feud was not proposed to have existed until after both writers were dead. No comment from either writer acknowledging the feud is documented. Whether or not the feud actually existed or is merely a literary theory concocted after the fact is unknown."

I'll be posting ALL the Otis Adelbert Kline that is available. I'm taking the day off from work and I feel like going out for a nice, big breakfast eggs, grits, bacon, biscuits. I'm also bringing along 232 novels (and some short stories). I'll be the guy with my head buried in a Reader.

Hope you enjoy these.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf The Outlaws of Mars.lrf (325.0 KB, 1281 views)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-23-2008 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Prefix
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:49 AM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Very Kline of you to post these.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2007, 11:21 AM   #3
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Excellent! I was going to do these, but your formatting is way better, so yay!!
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:03 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Don't let my formatting keep you from doing yours....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer
Excellent! I was going to do these, but your formatting is way better, so yay!!

....because yours may be more agreeable to different people here - especially with your wonderful art you add to your uploads. There's room for all different types of "interpretations."

Don

P.S.: Thank you for the kind words.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:06 AM   #5
scottcstoness
Enthusiast
scottcstoness began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib
....because yours may be more agreeable to different people here - especially with your wonderful art you add to your uploads. There's room for all different types of "interpretations."

Don

P.S.: Thank you for the kind words.

Perhaps a collaboration is in order? Dr. Drib's formatting with tsgreer's cover art? For books you are both interested in, of course! Or is that just me being selfish and wanting the "best of both worlds" so to speak?

Keep up the fantastic work, both of you!

Cheers,

ScS
scottcstoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2007, 09:53 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I like that idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcstoness
Perhaps a collaboration is in order? Dr. Drib's formatting with tsgreer's cover art? For books you are both interested in, of course! Or is that just me being selfish and wanting the "best of both worlds" so to speak?

Keep up the fantastic work, both of you!

Cheers,

ScS
I'm certainly agreeable to it, but more so on the new stuff that I'm interested in. What do you think?

Don
Old 05-25-2007, 05:42 PM   #7
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Hey I'm agreeable to it. Any fun pulpy stuff you need a cover on, just let me know. It combines both of my interests: Reading and Art.

Of course some of the old covers you find and incorporate into your work is better than my art, but for those covers where you can't really find anything public domain, just drop me a line. I find it to be a lot of fun reinterpreting covers for these classics.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote