Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-21-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
k3 w/xp 64

Hey guys,

Loving my new Kindle 3. Just an incredible device. Question, though. It works great with XP 32, but I don't know how I can get XP x64 to recognize the device. I think I just need to be pointed to the right driver.

Thank you!
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Huh? The Kindle appears as regular USB MSC device i.e. hard disk. You don't need any special drivers for it unless you're using the usbNetwork hack.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's what I thought, but it's not working for me.

Maybe I just need to update that driver.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:29 PM   #4
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

You shouldn't need to touch that driver at all. Its a Microsoft driver and has been part of Windows for years.

What happens when you plug the K3 in?
Old 09-22-2010, 12:49 AM   #5
vrf
Addict

Says it found new hardware and then goes through the q&A thingie... do you want to connect to the internet, specify location, etc, etc. I can't even manually select a hard disk driver or anything.

But if I go over to my little netbook (XP 32), it works just fine. Weird.
Advert
Old 09-22-2010, 12:54 AM   #6
Tiersten
Guru

Something is odd about your XP install. USB MSC drivers are built into Windows and it should detect it and install it with no interaction.

There are various guides about how the driver cache gets corrupted in Windows for some unknown reason and you have to delete this, copy that etc... around which in theory fixes it but I'm wary of suggesting you try that. You could make the problem worse and require a reinstall of Windows to repair the damage.