PDF 10 19.61%
RTF 39 76.47%
TXT 6 11.76%
None - I only read CONNECT Store books 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2007, 11:05 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
What Format do You Use for Outside Content

What format or formats do you use to load outside content (non-Sony CONNECT Bookstore) on your Reader? (multiple choice, you may select more than one) This is only a question about the final format that is loaded to the Reader. (What conversion tools you may use, if any, will be the subject of another poll.)

Last edited by RWood; 03-14-2007 at 11:09 PM.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:14 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
RTF For me, but I'm considering trying out BookDesigner after glowing recommendations that I've seen around here -- I just haven't had a chance to mess with it much yet (just downloaded it the other day).
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2007, 12:03 AM   #3
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

most of my LRFs are converts from PDF using PDFrasterFarian
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:24 AM   #4
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
All I've used are Connect store books and RTFs from Gutenberg and Baen.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:54 AM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Rtf of course. I can put my own texts on the reader in whatever presentation.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #6
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

LRFs via LIT2LRF for "books" and RTF directly for documentation and Gutenberg files (through the macro in the Wiki).
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:36 PM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I started with stuff in RTF as TXT was a mess and didn't have the meta data for title and author. PDF is a pain as I like to expand the type size as the light level goes down (these eyes are not as good as they once were, not progressive lenses in glasses) but I have a bunch from the Silk Pagoda DVD on the Reader. I have gone mostly to LRF through Book Designer. The results are great and they take less than 10% of the space of the RTF files and they support graphics including cover art.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:56 PM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I find RTF content the best to read on the Sony Reader. PDF is messy to deal with to get margin and font settings right. LRF, well, I haven't tried yet.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:43 AM   #9
Ncm
Ncm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
Must say I coverted most of my materials including books using book designer. I have to do some slight editing for a few, but its worth the effort.
Ncm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:59 PM   #10
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
I was using almost exclusively RTF until a month or so ago when the new version of Bookdesigner came out. I am very pleased with this program. I am now doing it all in LRF. I find that not having to wait for the reformat that RTF goes through in the reader is worth the extra couple of minutes.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:49 PM   #11
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I do pretty much the same as Stingo. Most of my books are RTF from Baen books. But now I convert them to LRF format, after correcting the title and author.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:47 AM   #12
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
Anything I can get my hands on. use a but of lit2lrf. sometimes it looks nasty but the words are pretty.
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:48 AM   #13
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke
Anything I can get my hands on. use a but of lit2lrf. sometimes it looks nasty but the words are pretty.
I have been converting usually to .RTF files....
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote