Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 05:31 AM   #1
Louise_D
Louise_D began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
PRS-300: orange charge light flashing constantly

The orange charge light on my reader won't stop flashing. Even when it's plugged in and red and charging, I can still see the orange flashing behind the red.
The reader still works, I can read things, drag books on and off (I use Calibre) etc... But the light won't stop flashing and it's eating the battery life like crazy. I've had it maybe 2 months max (it was a gift - I don't live in the US) so returning it isn't an option.

Any ideas to make light stop flashing?

Thanks in advance.
Louise_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Try to completely shut it down. Hold the slider for 5 seconds then follow the instructions on the screen or go into Setting and look for shut down Reader.

The other option may be to try a soft or hard reset of the Reader. Search the forum for 'Sony Reader Troubleshooting Guide' for a link to the instructions.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
And the orange light isn't a charge light... it's a file activity light... usually flashes when rescanning after adding a book and on a full reastart after switching off (rather than usual sleep mode). If keeps flashing then you definitely need to try resetting (both soft and hard if that fails) and maybe followed by a reformat if nothing else works.

Just a quick thought as well... have you used it for mp3 at all, if so then check not still set to play...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
It wouldn't be an mp3 problem as the 300 doesn't have an audio player.

I agree the flashing means some process is running in the background and a reset may be in order.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
I would certainly go with the reset. I own the 600 but couldn't find any orange light flashing despite file operations in the manual. So I would assume the 300 behaves similar. So if it's flashing orange permanently and is not connected to a pc, I think somethings messed up in the readers software.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 02:47 AM   #6
Bltprf502
Enthusiast
Bltprf502 doesn't litterBltprf502 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300S (GONE), Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kindle 3
I've had it happen. It needs a reset. If you want tech support is very helpful, kind pretty quick to resolve such issues. Best of all its free!
Bltprf502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:11 AM   #7
Louise_D
Louise_D began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
You guys rock

Thanks so much

It's all fixed
Louise_D is offline   Reply With Quote