Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 03-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #16
fibrou
fibrou began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
Well, enTourage just responded - very fast tech support response by the way - with the following:

"We have removed Wifi being disabled during the "sleep" condition, as many users found that they would like to have emails, etc... to be received on their eDGe even the device was asleep. If you would like a quick and easy way to turn off the Wifi when it is "hibernating", you are able to also use the Wifi switch to disable Wifi."

I suppose it's back to the mechanical fix...
fibrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:42 PM   #17
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Question

Hope this isn't a delayed problem associated with the update, but starting last night, I haven't been able to make a Wi-Fi connection either at home or work. The routers in both locations are functional, as indicated by my laptop receiving the signal. In addition, the "Wi-Fi: Turn on Wi-Fi" link under "Network controls" on the Settings page will not activate, and the green check mark doesn't appear when pushed. I haven't made any manual changes in the settings, so I'm stumped from my end as to what the issue is . I'm going to send a tech. support request, but I thought I'd see if anyone here has experienced anything similar. Take care.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #18
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
I had that happen once. Flip the wifi switch off (on the top edge by the SD card slot), count to 5, and back on and then try again.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #19
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
I had that happen once. Flip the wifi switch off (on the top edge by the SD card slot), count to 5, and back on and then try again.
Have tried that, as well as 5 hours ,; still no joy.

EDITED TO ADD - After about the fifth attempt, the system is working again . Didn't make any physical changes, so hopefully it was just a "ghost in the machine."

Last edited by Batman Jr.; 03-26-2010 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Additonal Information
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #20
pricecw
Zealot
pricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheese

Device: enTourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibrou View Post
The whole idea behind having software control is to fix it and forget it. Having to manually hit the switch somewhat defeats the purpose of controlling actions with software. I'll check with enTourage to see what they say regarding the "sleep" option.
One thing I did notice, I just got mine, and was playing with it. Put the power widget on my LCD, and it allows me to turn the wi-fi on and of with a finger press. I kind of like that.

--Carl
pricecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert