Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Mobileread's ebook library turns 15,000

Have the price of ebooks been getting you down lately?

Are you tired of the Amazon vs Macmillan mud slinging in the news lately?

Well... I am here to bring you good news...

The MobileRead eBook library now contains over 15,000 ebook uploads. These aren't just scan/OCR and transfer. For the most part the ebooks in the MobileRead library are extremely well formatted and proofread.

So, unearth a gem today in our library.

Congratulations and thanks go to all the creators, editors and uploaders for a job well done. Also, thanks to the existence of public domain laws and creative commons copyrights.

Well done MobileReaders!

Last edited by pilotbob; 02-05-2010 at 12:14 AM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Congratulations... A one fine library...
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Another milestone! Congratulations!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:09 AM   #4
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Congratulations! Now I just need to actually read the books I have downloaded from here. I've discovered some new mystery authors due to this library.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:16 AM   #5
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Congratulations on a wonderful milestone!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 12:28 AM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Whoo, Hoo!! Congratulations to the uploaders of such beautifully formatted books!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:39 AM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Whoo, Hoo!! Congratulations to the uploaders of such beautifully formatted books!
Absolutely... A fantastic effort...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:28 AM   #8
llreader
Mesmerist
llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 Silver. Much nicer than I expected.
Ok, I guess I will be the one to ask the stupid question: "Where is the MobileRead ebook Library?" I looked all over the site, in the sticky threads in the "Deals and Resources" forum, and the "E-book Uploads" forums. I searched Google for "MobileRead ebook Library" and I got a link to the wiki entry on Sony's ebook library. Even the "Book Uploads Posting Guidelines" don't tell you where to go.

Can someone post a link? Is there actually a page or an interface, or is this just the attachments that people put on their messages? If there is a real site, maybe it could be included in the links at the top of the page (Home, Forums, Wiki, etc.). I have been a member here for several months, and I have never some across this library everyone talks about.

Thanks!

Edit: Is this it? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebooks.php?forumid=130

Last edited by llreader; 02-05-2010 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Found it! (maybe...)
llreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:50 AM   #9
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Yes, that's it, but I also found it difficult to get to at first. Also, I still get to the index by choosing a format, then the index, then clearing the index to say "all" - except that I've now bookmarked the link.

I think it would be great if there was a link from the home page to this index.

On the subject of the library, what is the etiquette for reporting/fixing errors in the books? Should we post them to the thread, PM the author, fix them ourselves or what?
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:02 AM   #10
llreader
Mesmerist
llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Ben!

Well, with 15k books, it would be nice to have a better interface (search by Author, or Title).

I know that is work, so I don't expect it to happen. But it would be nice.

Last edited by llreader; 02-05-2010 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Doh!
Old 02-05-2010, 04:03 AM   #11
AFK_Matrix
Sci Fi Addict :)
AFK_Matrix doesn't litterAFK_Matrix doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Well there is a drop down menu at the top of the forums between the User CP and New Post drop down menus. Its called E-Books.
AFK_Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:15 AM   #12
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I believe the ebooks section is another that much work is being done on. I get the impression that its new form is relatively close to release, though the behind-the-sceners would have to verify.

Might I offer that suggestions in the Feedback (<---linky) forum would be appreciated? They usually are.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:29 AM   #13
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Indeed, it is a very fine piece of work and needs to be commended, together with all who have contributed.
Thank you, from the heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

Congratulations and thanks go to all the creators, editors and uploaders for a job well done. Also, thanks to the existence of public domain laws and creative commons copyrights.

Well done MobileReaders!
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:15 AM   #14
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
A fine piece of work, definitely worthy of a visit. And thanks to all who have burned the midnight oils, the candles at both ends and everything in-between in order that us lower orders can enjoy some wonderful classics ....

As Marc pointed out, changes are a-foot -

so keep in tune for the soon to be announced changes that were a-foot ..... shenanagins in the deep caverns and depths of MR will soon surface......

Stay Tuned ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:32 AM   #15
llreader
Mesmerist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFK_Matrix View Post
Well there is a drop down menu at the top of the forums between the User CP and New Post drop down menus. Its called E-Books.
See? I knew it was a stupid question.