Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 04-30-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
jerryprism
jerryprism began at the beginning.

Device: clie nz-90
Red face Repairing a Rocket Ebook

I have an old Rocket Ebook Pro whose battery won't hold a charge. The first thing I need to find out is how to open the silly thing to put in a replacement battery. Anyway to walk me thru it will be appreciated. Thanks, JerryPrism
jerryprism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
There are tiny inset screws recessed at each corner on the back of the device. All you need to do is take those out and pry the front and back apart. The hard part is going to be finding a replacement battery.

I had my rocket ebook apart a few times, so I don't think you need to worry too much, just be gentle when you're separating the front and back.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #3
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
I was doing pretty well with six AAA rechargeable batteries soldered together. Just when you will do so, attach to your new battery pack the thermoresistor that is stuck to your current battery.
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
jerryprism
jerryprism began at the beginning.

Device: clie nz-90
I took it apart and didn't catch where to hook up the 3 wires to the batteries. Looks like they get soldered into place. I'm going to have a computer friend of mine do the soldering
jerryprism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Good Luck! I hope it works out well for you. I've played with one, and it was like my old EBW1150 which I loved so much.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2009, 10:36 PM   #6
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryprism View Post
I took it apart and didn't catch where to hook up the 3 wires to the batteries. Looks like they get soldered into place. I'm going to have a computer friend of mine do the soldering
The wires are soldered at the battery end and plug into the PCB. Pull the plug straight out toward the edge of the board. Draw yourself a picture of where the wires go on the battery as one is positive, one negative and the third goes to the thermal gizmo wedged between the cells.

I don't remember for sure whether the cells are Nicd or NmHi but can buy them from Digikey for less than $4 each.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote