Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-30-2016, 08:57 PM   #16
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I'm not sure if this is new with this update or if I just noticed it for the first time but there's an option on the home page to switch between my library and my reading lists. This showed my Kindle wish list as well as a couple of samples I'd downloaded and forgotten about.

Has this been here a while? I' seeing this on my Voyage, Paperwhite 2 and Paperwhite 3.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:01 PM   #17
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I'm not sure if this is new with this update or if I just noticed it for the first time but there's an option on the home page to switch between my library and my reading lists. This showed my Kindle wish list as well as a couple of samples I'd downloaded and forgotten about.

Has this been here a while? I' seeing this on my Voyage, Paperwhite 2 and Paperwhite 3.

Barry
Yes, it has been there awhile. I turn all of that stuff off.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2016, 09:08 AM   #18
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Meh. It seems the KPW1 is left out of the loop for the last few updates. I don't think it's going to have any anymore. How many fonts have been added now since that reader? 2, 3?

Bookerly, Ember, Ember Bold..., anything else?
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:22 PM   #19
Hollow Man
Addict
Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Air
Yeah, my wife has the PW1, so it's disappointing that Amazon seems to be leaving it behind. Have there been any other updates besides fonts that would've been nice for the PW1 to have?

-HM
Hollow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:40 PM   #20
jswinden
Nameless Being

Meh, just a single bold font and it is a sans serif one. I don't care for it at all. I wish they would just give us the ability to bold Caecilia and Caecillia Condensed, or any of the other fonts.
Advert
Old 12-01-2016, 02:17 PM   #21
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Just give us a way to add any amount of weight to any font and be done with it.
Barty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:37 PM   #22
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Meh, just a single bold font and it is a sans serif one. I don't care for it at all.
I find it quite nice for reading Calibre-converted newspapers in.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:55 PM   #23
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
I find it quite nice for reading Calibre-converted newspapers in.
Glad you like it, but I don't, not at all.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:59 AM   #24
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I really wish Amazon would add a functionality that would disable going to the next or previous page by touching the screen. Too often, when I touch my Oasis screen, it goes to the next page when I mean to do something else like highlighting.

Last edited by Julius Caesar; 12-02-2016 at 07:04 AM.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:05 AM   #25
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
I really wish Amazon would add a functionality that would disable going to the next or previous page by touching the screen. Too often, when I touch my Oasis screen, it goes to the next page when I mean to do something else like highlighting.
Very good point. It would be nice to have the options like:

Touch Screen Page Turn Options
  • Tap on screen to turn page
  • Swipe screen to turn page
  • Tap or swipe screen to turn page
  • Disable all screen initiated page turning

For my personal taste and usage, I would prefer to have swipe but not tap. It is more difficult to accidentally swipe than tap.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:39 PM   #26
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Good to have a bold option for those who have been calling for it, but it is too stark for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 01:36 PM   #27
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I upgraded from 5.5.x to 5.8.x for voice view and all my sideloaded book progress got reset to 0%. Did this happen to anyone else?
Barty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 02:22 AM   #28
rguion
Zealot
rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I just updated manually tonight on my Voyage - that's a wild Friday night for me, installing new Kindle software and looking at bold fonts! :-) Ember Bold looks nice, but I think I will stick with Bookerly until my eyes get worse. Does anyone else want a slightly bolder Bookerly?
rguion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 05:46 AM   #29
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by rguion View Post
I just updated manually tonight on my Voyage - that's a wild Friday night for me, installing new Kindle software and looking at bold fonts! :-) Ember Bold looks nice, but I think I will stick with Bookerly until my eyes get worse. Does anyone else want a slightly bolder Bookerly?
I like the update, but I'm with you on a slightly bolder Bookerly, which is why I use Caecilia instead.

I've been reading using the new Amazon Ember Bold since updating, but I would still prefer that slightly bolder Bookerly.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 08:03 AM   #30
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Yes a bolder bookerly would be great. Or why not add Georgia to the line up of fonts? Until then, I'll stick with my rooted and non-updated Voyage, with Charis SIL. (I tried Ember on my Kobo Glo HD. I don't like it that much. The text seems squished).
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote