Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 04-14-2014, 10:28 PM   #1
r_tist_22
r_tist_22 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
TOC troubles in Kindle Previewer

Hi,

Each chapter listed in my TOC is appearing on its own separate page. I observed this error in Kindle Previewer as well as the previewer in KDP when going to test prior to publishing to Amazon (in MOBI). (no issue with the ePub for iBook)

When I checked Sigil YouTube movies, my code appears to be correct. So what is getting lost in translation? See code below. Does it want me to only set the h1 tag once with breaks between each chapter? I'm sure I originally had that but did not like the appearance as when text wrapped the spacing was identical regardless of if a hard break or a wrap (which didn't look so good). When I finally re-coded like this, and tested in iBooks, that did the trick.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<link href="../Styles/Style0001.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<title>Table of Contents</title>
</head>

<body>
<h2><i>Table of Contents –&nbsp;Part I</i></h2>
<hr class="hline_gradient" />

<h1><a href="../Text/preface.xhtml">Preface</a></h1>

<h1><a href="../Text/chapter_1.xhtml">Chapter 1</a></h1>

<h1><a href="../Text/chapter_2.xhtml">Chapter 2</a></h1>

<h1><a href="../Text/chapter_3.xhtml">Chapter 3</a></h1>

<h1><a href="../Text/chapter_4.xhtml">Chapter 4</a></h1>

<h1><a href="../Text/chapter_5.xhtml">Chapter 5</a></h1>

</body>
</html>

Any advice to make these all appear on the same TOC page in the MOBI format?

Thank you.
https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliestext/thankyou.gif
r_tist_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:13 AM   #2
mncowboy
Wanderer
mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, PaperWhite 2
The items in your TOC should not be styled as an h1 - that is causing the page breaks. Use a regular paragraph, styled as you need. Something like this:

<p class="toc1"><a href="../Text/preface.xhtml">Preface</a></p>
<p class="toc1"><a href="../Text/chapter_1.xhtml">Chapter 1</a></p>

This will keep the entries on one page.
Bob
mncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2014, 08:13 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please post in the correct forum. Moved to the Kindle file formats section.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote