Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
StoryBundle.com launches pay-what-you-want ebook indie bundle

http://storybundle.com/news

This site is a new project from Jason Chen, a former editor on both Gizmodo and Lifehacker in the Gawker Media network. He's taking the "humble indie bundle" concept from video games and applying it to ebooks. It's an interesting attempt at one of those "new models" we're always talking about.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
BWinmill
Nameless Being

I like the idea of bundling different authors and letting the reader set price. I wish them the best of luck with that. However, this bundle sounds too depressing. Maybe the next one will be more appealing.
Advert
Old 08-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
Croptop
Zealot
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 5
I found the selection of titles interesting but no overwhelmingly so. But I decided to go ahead and purchase the bundle anyway as a way of showing support for this type of business model.

In addition to the "pay what you want" price, I appreciated being given the option to designate the split between the author and StoryBundle. I opted to leave it at the default 70/30 split but it was nice to know that I can choose a different ratio.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croptop View Post
I found the selection of titles interesting but no overwhelmingly so. But I decided to go ahead and purchase the bundle anyway as a way of showing support for this type of business model.
So what did you choose to pay?

I am not interested in this bundle but I will watch it in the future. I am interested in the writer Charlie Jane Anders, and she is a stable writer for the Gawker network, so maybe they will have her at some point. It is an interesting model and I wish them luck with it. I noticed on the instructions, they have no instructions for Nook or Kobo which is strange because they do have epub versions (DRM free).

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
Croptop
Zealot
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
So what did you choose to pay?
I opted to pay US$20 (which, after my bank's exchange rate, ended up costing me CDN$20.43). I felt that $4/book (not counting the two "bonus" books) was a reasonable price (for me) to pay.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert