Country code: 000
PCBA revision : 4
EPD ID: E2107620
felonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:53 PM   #47
snowski55
snowski55 began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Disclaimer : If you try this, don't get mad at me if it actually breaks your shell access

For people that shell access is already working for, re-request the developer package, and download to your device. If it breaks your shell access, we know it is something to do with the latest developer package, and not the hardware.
snowski55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2008, 01:07 PM   #48
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
My details with similar problem (but i did get it working with 2.12 before i send it to battery replacement)

Product Type: ER0100
Language set: 002
OEM code: 000
Country code: 000
PCBA revision: 4
EPD ID: E2107520
Software version: 2.12
Software build number: 21201
Kernel version: 2.1.19-rmk7-pxa2-irex1 #21100
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:29 PM   #49
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowski55 View Post
Disclaimer : If you try this, don't get mad at me if it actually breaks your shell access

For people that shell access is already working for, re-request the developer package, and download to your device. If it breaks your shell access, we know it is something to do with the latest developer package, and not the hardware.
Shell access working perfectly, tested it again to make sure, requested developer access, and now my iliad is in a permanent loop rebooting (it has done it more than 10 times now). So, looks like there is definitely something a little funny with it. I'm now going to interrupt the looping reboot with a reset and see what happens.

I think I might just have won an iRex Darwin award.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:33 PM   #50
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by daudi View Post
Shell access working perfectly, tested it again to make sure, requested developer access, and now my iliad is in a permanent loop rebooting (it has done it more than 10 times now). So, looks like there is definitely something a little funny with it. I'm now going to interrupt the looping reboot with a reset and see what happens.

I've reset it and restarted it. It still just keeps on booting. Bother.
Advert
Old 03-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #51
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:

You may have to reflash with "format" in config.txt. It appears something's wrong with the registry entry for shell scripts.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:36 PM   #52
snowski55
snowski55 began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Quote:
I've reset it and restarted it. It still just keeps on booting. Bother.
Sorry about the sacrifice. But, I think this really shows clearly that it is a problem with the new developer package. I hope you can reflash and get it back to the same state the rest of us have it in at least. I've updated their tech support about this thread, hopefully they are reading it.
snowski55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:37 PM   #53
daudi
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
You may have to reflash with "format" in config.txt. It appears something's wrong with the registry entry for shell scripts.
Thanks Adam. Did anybody notice the step I missed earlier? The little one called "backup"? Argh! Oh well, most of my important stuff is backed-up.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:40 PM   #54
daudi
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowski55 View Post
Sorry about the sacrifice. But, I think this really shows clearly that it is a problem with the new developer package. I hope you can reflash and get it back to the same state the rest of us have it in at least. I've updated their tech support about this thread, hopefully they are reading it.
No worries. Eventually I expect it will be possible to get it back to normal. I forgot to back-up one file before doing this (I wasn't expecting the infinite loop, I thought my worst case scenario would be lost shell access), but that was my mistake.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #55
daudi
Addict

Quote:
Good news! A normal reflash (i.e. I didn't need the "format") has restored the OS and my files are intact. I've backed-up my files and am updating from IDS ...

And now the bad news. I get back into the infinite loop. Looks like I'll have to settle for version 2.10 for a while. Not a major problem.

It was my first time to try the reflash---nice clear instructions Adam, thank you.

Last edited by daudi; 03-18-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:39 PM   #56
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Good news! A normal reflash has restored the OS and my files are intact. I've backed-up my files and updating from IDS ...

And now the bad news. I get back into the infinite loop. Looks like I'll have to settle for version 2.10 for a while. Not a major problem.

It was my first time to try the reflash---nice clear instructions Adam, thank you.
If you backup your files, remove everything in the config.txt, and type only "format" (without quotes), and reflash. It should solve the rebooting problem when you upgrade to 2.12.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:04 PM   #57
daudi
Addict

Quote:
If you backup your files, remove everything in the config.txt, and type only "format" (without quotes), and reflash. It should solve the rebooting problem when you upgrade to 2.12.
Cool. Back to 2.12. Thanks!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #58
brxrvw
brxrvw began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Just as confirmation,

I've had about word-for-word the same experience with a new iLiad.

iLiad Specs
Product Type: ER0141
PCBA Rev: 7
Software Version: 2.12 build 21201
Kernel: 2.4.19-rmk7-pxa2-irex1-#21100

Kind of disappointing, seeing that I bought the iLiad, after some research, for its ability to run 3rd party software. No support of course; now what?

Hope you iLiad-experienced guys & girls can figure it out.
brxrvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #59
kinetic
kinetic began at the beginning.

Device: none currently
Can't have shell working as well

For what is worth I also can't have shell access...

iLiad Specs
Product Type: ER0141
PCBA Rev: 4
Software Version: 2.12 build 21200
Kernel: 2.4.19-rmk7-pxa2-irex1-#21200

v2.12 came with my Irex. I Downloaded the developer software. Install goes well and it reboots itself.
Then I try to get shell access with all tools out there but nothing works. The screen blinks once and that's it.

Regards,

Kinetic.
kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #60
marioc4387
marioc4387 began at the beginning.

Device: IRex Iliad
Exactly the same problem here, no shell access. Yes, it is very disappointing.
I just received my Iliad yesterday and now I can't run 3rd party apps...considering that was the main reason I bought it.
marioc4387 is offline   Reply With Quote