Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
msxman
Enthusiast
msxman began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox, kindle 2
pictures of unknown people?

So looking around in the vox with Astro, I found a folder called etc in the main directory that has, among other things, pictures of men and one of a baby I don't know.

First, does any one else have this? If so, does anyone know wtf?

Second, anyone know how to get rid of it?
msxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
Those would be your friendly neighbourhood Vox dev team members! Congrads on your sleuthing Those files are part of a (somewhat lame) easter egg. I'm the guy with the parrot!

James
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
msxman
Enthusiast
msxman began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox, kindle 2
hahaha! The baby is very cute, but I doubt part of the team!
msxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^Who else is going to do the usability testing?
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #5
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboJW View Post
Those would be your friendly neighbourhood Vox dev team members! Congrads on your sleuthing Those files are part of a (somewhat lame) easter egg. I'm the guy with the parrot!

James
Hahahaha! That is so awesome!!! I just finished reading 'Ready Player One' not too long ago, so I am surprised I didn't find this earlier - with Easter Egg on the brain! Especially since I was just poking around in there looking for the folder for my sd card yesterday!

Nice parrot, James!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Hmm, I couldn't find the main folder using Astro File Explorer.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
astro, etc folder, kobo vox, random pictures