Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #16
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Great article. Anyone can sell something brilliant and fresh, it takes talent to sell something that's been done several times over. I remember the old empty boxes labeled Everything Men Know about Women. The guy is pretty frank and honest on that front, and then explains how he managed notwithstanding. I bookmarked the 3rd page.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:24 AM   #17
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
the book loses my interest - I keep going back reading the same paragraph over and over.....
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 03:29 AM   #18
Anke Wehner
Addict
Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PRS-650
Um... Did he say he sold so because his PR agency sent press releases claiming it was already a bestseller to papers and TV stations, and those places believed that rather than doing fact-checking before reporting it?
Anke Wehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:42 AM   #19
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
This....is....win.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #20
Janette55
Connoisseur
Janette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it is

Device: Sony 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anke Wehner View Post
Um... Did he say he sold so because his PR agency sent press releases claiming it was already a bestseller to papers and TV stations, and those places believed that rather than doing fact-checking before reporting it?

That was the impression I got from reading the article. Wouldn't that be false advertising?

A brilliant idea that really paid off. I think showing how promoting a book is all important in getting sales, but I did wonder about that.

I wonder if any authors, especially indies, will now resort to getting a pr firm to help them.

I remember the crazy, I looked at all the rocks in my area and wondered if anyone was crazy enough to go and buy one instead of going out and picking up a rock and saying it was a pet.

I guess it is the same as taking a mutt and passing it off as a designer dog. Let the neighbor's poodle escape the yard and get with another neighbors beagle and the pups are seen as mutts and have to be given away. Let some breeder intentionally put a poodle and a lab together and claim them as designer dogs and they will sell for hundreds of dollars.

Who was it who said there is a sucker born every minute?
Janette55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert