Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
dchang69
dchang69 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
error emailing magazines to Kindle 3

I am trying to send magazine feeds to my Kindle 3 via email but am getting an error. I am mailing to my @free.kindle.com email address from my Gmail account (which is registered with Amazon/Kindle) but get the following error message when I "test":

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\wizard\send_email.py", line 114, in test_email_settings
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 110, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 610, in login
SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, '5.7.1 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.1 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=14257 wh3sm1617472icb.12')

I get the same "username and password not accepted" error when I try to actually send a magazine to my Kindle. Yes, I have double and triple checked that the username and password I typed into Calibre are correct.

Any help would be appreciated!
dchang69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang69 View Post
Yes, I have double and triple checked that the username and password I typed into Calibre are correct.
The question isn't if you double and triple checked your user name and password the question is did you follow all steps outlined in the web link provided to resolve the problem?

If you have, then go back into calibre - Preferences - Sharing books by email and use the big Use Gmail button to the right to configure your mail.

Also keep in mind the Send email from: window is not where your user name goes. I have Walt in this window.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2011, 03:43 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Your username needs to be your full GMail address including the domain, so use either user@gmail.com or user@googlemail.com depending on what your address is.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:53 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Your username needs to be your full GMail address including the domain, so use either user@gmail.com or user@googlemail.com depending on what your address is.
That's a myth or to be more exact, I never add the @gmail.com when signing into gmail or when sending books via calibre. If my email address was peter.rabbit@gmail.com all I ever enter in the username field to log into my account (or send via calibre) is peter.rabbit, add my password and I'm logged in.

I believe you have to enter the full email address when listing it with Amazon as a authorized email address.

Update: full username@gmail.com may be required in some locales.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-27-2011 at 04:23 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:07 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hm. I recently configured emailing in Calibre using my GMail address for testing purposes, and I had to enter my full address. I might have done something wrong, though.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2011, 04:19 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Hm. I recently configured emailing in Calibre using my GMail address for testing purposes, and I had to enter my full address. I might have done something wrong, though.
You are probably correct 100% of the time doing what you said, possibly it is a Country thing. I updated my previous post.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-27-2011 at 04:24 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #7
olaf
Enthusiast
olaf is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle3
Is there a way to send magazine #1 to user email #1 and magazine #2 to email #2? Currently it seems everyone on the email list can either get all or nothing, and I'm wondering if there could be a way to have a separate email checklist for each subscription.
olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:59 AM   #8
dchang69
dchang69 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks everybody. That seemed to do the trick.
dchang69 is offline   Reply With Quote