Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
spkmn
spkmn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Auto emailing news

(I have a Kindle 3 and tried versions 0.7.31 through 0.7.35.)

I have tried to use the auto email feature when downloading news, and I can't get it to work. I have setup the download to occur at a given time and setup the email function to use MOBI format. I have tried both hotmail and gmail without success.

At the given time, the download task runs but there is never a task to convert to MOBI or to email.

Manually sending via email (and the necessary conversion to MOBI) works perfectly.

I've seen previous threads say to upgrade to 0.7.31. I've tried that version through 0.7.35 without success.

Please advise...

TIA, James
spkmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkmn View Post
Manually sending via email (and the necessary conversion to MOBI) works perfectly.
There shouldn't be a "necessary conversion to MOBI."

My news is downloaded in the default format I set calibre to for my reader. If the Kindle is your only ereader go to Preferences - Behavior - change your Preferred output format to Mobi. This way your news will download in the format designed for your reader.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #3
spkmn
spkmn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I didn't know there was such a setting. I set it to MOBI and re-ran... It works perfectly (so far).

?!

I will report back if there are still any issues.

Thanks
James
spkmn is offline   Reply With Quote