Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Just Got a Classic Nook

I'm just getting back from B&N where I got a new Nook to replace the one I left at the airport a couple of weeks ago. My reasons:
  • I can't live without reading. DTBs are so 20th Century.
  • I loved my Nook.
  • The Nook Color is intriguing but I will probably upgrade next year after a couple of firmware updates have gone through.

Why should anyone care? I don't know...just felt like sharing, I guess.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
congrats.
was hoping there'd be some crazy story about someone tracking you down to give it back. but at least you're back in the saddle again.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel47 View Post
I'm just getting back from B&N where I got a new Nook to replace the one I left at the airport a couple of weeks ago. My reasons:
  • I loved my Nook.
  • The Nook Color is intriguing but I will probably upgrade next year after a couple of firmware updates have gone through.

Why should anyone care? I don't know...just felt sharing, I guess.

Of course we care! We totally understand about not being able to live without one, (an ebook reader!) once you've had the experience.......

Enjoy!

Last edited by desertgrandma; 10-27-2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: addendum
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Enjoy your Nook!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
lionel47
Addict

Thanks, all, for the good wishes. Just out of curiosity: are any of you going to be a first adopter for the Nook Color? Or is there a general "wait and see" attitude out there?
Advert
Old 10-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
jedema
jedema began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Classic
I think I am beginning to understand your pain. I've had my nook for about a week now, and I don't think I could ever go back to not having it. the more I read on it, the more addicted I get to it. The reading experience is just so much better.

Enjoy!

Edited for your post just before mine...
-there is a topic here on the first ones in the pool for that.
jedema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:00 PM   #7
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I understand perfectly. Congrats on your new NOOK Classic.

As for your question. No I'm satisfied with my NOOK & at this time have no inclination to get the NOOK Color
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:02 PM   #8
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No on the Nook Color. I don't use the library much but I would have been willing to pick up a Nook for Library use if the new model had something that made me swoon.

That and it would have been a great excuse to pick up another Oberon cover. (winks)
Old 10-27-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
  • I loved my Nook.

Why should anyone care? I don't know...just felt like sharing, I guess.
I care
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #10
lionel47
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
No on the Nook Color. I don't use the library much but I would have been willing to pick up a Nook for Library use if the new model had something that made me swoon.

That and it would have been a great excuse to pick up another Oberon cover. (winks)
Actually, I picked up an Industrielle cover just like the one I lost. The only difference will be that I will probably not get the black skin as you can see in my avatar.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #11
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
Of course, we care. Glad that you get the classic Nook. I really miss mine after my daughter borrowed my beloved nook (on a permanent basis) I've been on the fence of getting another one but I'm convinced that I want my next ereader to be a multi-media android tablet so the new Nook Color might fit my bill. I would wait and see to make sure the processor is capable. I generally don't want to be the first adopter of any device since they'll often become Beta testers. However, I really miss my Nook and I really really want a new toy so I might just cave and pre-order the Nook Color.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #12
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
I'm just getting back from B&N where I got a new Nook to replace the one I left at the airport a couple of weeks ago.
It seems to me that your old nook is now effectively stolen property.

Can you get Barnes and Noble to disable your lost Nook remotely?
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:23 PM   #13
lionel47
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by detayls View Post
It seems to me that your old nook is now effectively stolen property.

Can you get Barnes and Noble to disable your lost Nook remotely?
I didn't look into getting it disabled. I call support and they said to de-register it so I did. At least between the B&N cloud service and Calibre, I have my complete library intact.

I just have to see how the DRM behaves with the new device.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #14
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I would call back and see if they can brick it. There is no reason someone else should be able to use it with all of its features when they didn't buy it.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:56 PM   #15
lionel47
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I would call back and see if they can brick it. There is no reason someone else should be able to use it with all of its features when they didn't buy it.
I doubt they can but I suppose it's worth a try.