Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-05-2009, 03:34 AM   #1
dedos
dedos began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Thumbs down Eternal "Loading" after Firmware update, please help

Ohhh well. I'm so frustrated, it's my first day with the PRS 505 and I already know mobileread much better than I wanted ;]

Well, I read several threads and I think my problem wasn't covered up in those.

The thing is, I downloaded the latest firmware update from Sony website, and in my 1st attempt I didn't do it with the reader fully charged. When that happened, I had that nasty "Protected!" 0kb file showing up,
and then the Reader was bricked.

I pushed the reset button, and plugged the reader on the USB port.
the computer recognized the reader, i can access the files in it, but, when I unplug it from the computer, the "Loading" screen with the arrows going round just stays there forever. I have not many files in the reader (like 8 small pdf files).

So i waited for it to fully charge and updated it again (hacked the prsversion.dat file to make this possible, because the updater said the firmware was already up to date)

but the problem persists! when I unplug it from USB, the Loading screen just goes on wild.

I'm kinda frustrated, my father just came back from USA (I'm brazilian) and bought me this, and It's already fucked up.

I'm positive there's a solution, but i don't know where to start.

Thanks everybody who's reading and I hope we find something to fix this up. I think this forum is just great.
dedos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:40 AM   #2
dedos

Ohh, there's another thing.
When it's in the frozen "Loading" screen, it can't be turned off either.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:43 AM   #3
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
How long does the spinning arrow go around for? I have had mine spin for as long as half an hour.

If you have a wall outlet charger, plug that in and let the arrows spin.

You can also try reformatting the device by holding down the Mark and Volume + buttons while turning it on. Hold them down until you're asked if you want to reformat, and press 5 to say Yes.

Hope that helps.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:12 AM   #4
dedos

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
How long does the spinning arrow go around for? I have had mine spin for as long as half an hour.

If you have a wall outlet charger, plug that in and let the arrows spin.

You can also try reformatting the device by holding down the Mark and Volume + buttons while turning it on. Hold them down until you're asked if you want to reformat, and press 5 to say Yes.

Hope that helps.
well i think it hasn't spinned that much yet. guess i'll have some sleep and see how it's like later.

then i'll try what you suggested, if it doesn't help..
now i'll get some sleep, i'm trying to fix this stuff for 4 hours now.

thanks a lot!

any more ideas are welcome
Old 09-05-2009, 10:04 AM   #5
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Maybe see if you can use the PRSCustomizer/Univerial Flasher (on an SD card) to put it into firmware update mode, then try another reflash.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brick, firmware, loading, prs 505, update