Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-20-2014, 08:34 PM   #286
windyvincent
windyvincent began at the beginning.

Device: nook str & kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by angor00 View Post
Can you make the image from your SD card? I could make the Android SD card for booting from external SD. Even needn't do the full SD card image, only the first 65536 sectors is enough.

This can be done with the following command in Linux:
Code:
dd bs=512 count=65536 if=/dev/sd<SDCARD> | bzip2 -9f >./kobo-touch-N905B-first.img.bz2
Only a question. How to boot android from external SD without light button on Kobo Touch?
windyvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:29 AM   #287
angor00
Enthusiast
angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Kobo Touch has the Home button instead the FrontLight button.
angor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2014, 10:10 PM   #288
yauchildchew
yauchildchew began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meukbox View Post
I just used a hex editor like described in the link. I't working perfectly now
are u using dual boot or exchanging internal sd card?
do you have problem waking up the device from sleep?
yauchildchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:39 PM   #289
Meukbox
Meukbox began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Touch
I exchanged the sd card, so no dual boot. And yes sometimes it doesnt wake up (a lot of the time actually).
But I hope this is a work in progress and that it will get better.
Meukbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:13 AM   #290
yauchildchew
yauchildchew began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meukbox View Post
I exchanged the sd card, so no dual boot. And yes sometimes it doesnt wake up (a lot of the time actually).
But I hope this is a work in progress and that it will get better.
u can refer the link here. even though i still fail to make it work yet.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=228209&page=2
yauchildchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2014, 05:52 PM   #291
PinkET
Enthusiast
PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.PinkET can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Glo
Landscape mode unusable on Glo

Hi,

I searched the whole thread about the problem with the landscape mode.
It is being mentioned quite a few times, but I found no answer to this problem.

In landscape mode, there seems to be a difference to where the icons are visually, and where they are in reality.

At the present state landscape is totally useless and it was tricky to get out of it.
TIP:I found out that putting the Glo to sleep and waking it, will put the screen back in portrait.

Is there anybody looking into this? Is there a configuration I can do myself to fix the coordinates?

Thanx in advance.
PinkET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:45 PM   #292
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkET View Post
Landscape mode unusable on Glo

Hi,

I searched the whole thread about the problem with the landscape mode.
It is being mentioned quite a few times, but I found no answer to this problem.

In landscape mode, there seems to be a difference to where the icons are visually, and where they are in reality.

At the present state landscape is totally useless and it was tricky to get out of it.
TIP:I found out that putting the Glo to sleep and waking it, will put the screen back in portrait.

Is there anybody looking into this? Is there a configuration I can do myself to fix the coordinates?

Thanx in advance.
Are you using the Rotate 1.1 app?
You can find it here.

Also, for some more tips check this thread.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:12 AM   #293
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
What are the differences between Tolino Android and Android on Kobo?
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:29 AM   #294
windyvincent
windyvincent began at the beginning.

Device: nook str & kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
What are the differences between Tolino Android and Android on Kobo?
They are same things.
windyvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:33 AM   #295
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
Hi,

I have 2014-02-28_Android_Kobo_Aura_HD.7z. installed on my Aura HD, it boots in nicely.

A couple of questions:

1) does charging work when booted into Android ? Because mine doesn't appear to charge.

2) did anybody play w/ making USB OTG or host mode work ? I would be interested in hooking up a keyboard to it.

Thanks!
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:22 PM   #296
cooked
cooked began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Hi,
I've read the whole thread while messing around with my Kobo Mini.
Seems that the attempts on this device dropped at some point with no success...am I wrong?

I would like to get it to work on mine, but sure I need some guidance from someone more experienced... Marek are you still devel on this?

cheers,
ste
cooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:41 AM   #297
phoinikos
phoinikos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Unhappy Kobo Mini

So strange, everytime Kobo Mini is mentioned...The hread goes silent
phoinikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:20 AM   #298
ev8383
ev8383 began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Hello,
Is rom support multi touch geastures (pinch to zoom)?
Thanks
ev8383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #299
lekofraggle
lekofraggle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, nexus, iPad
Thank you all for creating such a wonderful hack. I have Android running on the Kobo. I am looking to do a few tweaks, but since it is not deodexed, I am having difficulty. I no longer have a linux box so I cannot access the /system partition directly (even though I do have adb up and running).

So, my questions...
I want to map the light button to do something (probably a page flip in mantano, it has many hardware options but my light button does not seem to do anything, or screen refresh, thanks for that app by the way).

I also want to change the background images in sleep mode.

In my sd card image whenever I change the apps involved, it reverts back to the standard file.

Does anyone have any advice?
I tried using the button remaper app, but that does not recognize button id 90 which is our light button. I tried editing the key file (mxckpd.kl), but it does not take.

I did decompress the apk with the images (MsgE6.apk), but it seems odexed so even when I push the modified apk through adb, it does not take.

Thanks again. This is on the verge of being the very best ereader ever.

~Leko

Edit: I totally forgot to give specifics. Sorry. I am on the Kobo Glo. I am running kernel 2.6.35.3-ga50ec-dirty
Build # is GRJ22-535-39ecbe85dad5-p
I am using an sd card image
/Edit

Last edited by lekofraggle; 07-17-2014 at 04:50 PM.
lekofraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:49 AM   #300
vasim07
vasim07 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi, I read the whole thread to know if Google Play Books works perfectly on the rooted Andriod Kobo Glo, but no luck, can someone please confirm if it works?

Thank you
vasim07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, glo, kobo, shine, tolino