Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
miro279
miro279 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook touch 622
pocketbook 622 and large pdfs

Hello,

I just unpacked my new pocketbook touch which I tested before in the shop as it is important for me to read quite large pdfs with it. The pocketbook performed best here..
So after unpacking I updated to the lastest firmware and charged the battery. Now I loaded some pdfs on the reader and have problems opening some of them.
When I try it, I get a message concerning the file being large and might cause problems (which I got in the shop also) but then nothing more happens. The reader just freezes but I can return with pushing left und right together.
In the shop these pdfs were working. Also funny: the largest file is acctually working (56MB), some smaller not (29MB, 34MB). So what could be the problem? How can I read these files?

Any ideas are appreciated!
miro279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #2
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by miro279 View Post
Hello,

I just unpacked my new pocketbook touch which I tested before in the shop as it is important for me to read quite large pdfs with it. The pocketbook performed best here..
So after unpacking I updated to the lastest firmware and charged the battery. Now I loaded some pdfs on the reader and have problems opening some of them.
When I try it, I get a message concerning the file being large and might cause problems (which I got in the shop also) but then nothing more happens. The reader just freezes but I can return with pushing left und right together.
In the shop these pdfs were working. Also funny: the largest file is acctually working (56MB), some smaller not (29MB, 34MB). So what could be the problem? How can I read these files?

Any ideas are appreciated!
hi
in the configurations options (aspect) you can disable such warning.
may be disabling that helps

I've that disabled and my pdfs runs well (albeit the biggest one is 31mb)

Last edited by paolog; 04-05-2013 at 07:39 AM.
paolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
miro279
miro279 began at the beginning.

After all I think the problem might be that these pdfs are actually to small, as they seem to be really high compressed..
This could be some major work for the cpu, maybe even too much..
I had this idea when I tried to compress the files to make them smaller and realized that no further compression was possible.. The filesize even grew a little.
Just a thought. I'll try to get a diffrerent version of the text, maybe I'll have more luck with that.
miro279 is offline   Reply With Quote