Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 03:48 AM   #1
GossG
GossG began at the beginning.

Device: Bubue books in Symbian
Moon+ question: change screen touch spots

When I installed Moon+ Pro, it gave me a bunch of choices to lay out the main reading screen's hotspots for page forward, page backwards, and scroll/menu.

I've changed my mind on how I want this to work, but cannot find any way to get back to that choices screen.
GossG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
When you're in a book, go to settings, then control options.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
GossG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
When you're in a book, go to settings, then control options.
I looked there first. There are a lot of choices for what happens when you touch various places on the screen, but no choice to define WHERE those various places are.

So which choice ON that screen do you think lets me redefine where the three hotspots on the reading screen are?

My initial choice was the default pair of backwards-L (top,left and bottom,right) and I wanted to change that to simple vertical stripes. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app to get that startup choice, and have been using the desired choice since.

But re-installing the app is obviously not the ideal solution.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Open a book. Tap the area currently assigned to open the options screen. Select "control options" then select the setting gear icon next to "tap control" or however it's worded. Should be between the left / right tap options. That will open the screen to choose a new layout. Took me ages to find it.

Edit - it's "toggle tap mode", not "tap control".
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:58 AM   #5
GossG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Open a book. Tap the area currently assigned to open the options screen. Select "control options" then select the setting gear icon next to "toggle tap mode". Should be between the left / right tap options. That will open the screen to choose a new layout. Took me ages to find it.
"toggle tap mode" for select screen hotspot layout? They really need to rephrase that. On my version it's above left/right, between there and top/bottom.

Anyhow, that works.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #6
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossG View Post
"toggle tap mode" for select screen hotspot layout? They really need to rephrase that. On my version it's above left/right, between there and top/bottom.

Anyhow, that works.
Yeah, it's not intuitive naming on their part. I only found it due to tapping every possible thing on the screen out of sheer determination to find the darn thing.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote