Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #33616
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
How Tom hears that comment:

"Blah-blah TOM! Blah-blah TOM! Blah-blah-blah-blah TREAT!

*pant* *pant* *pant*
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #33617
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Now I think I'll read this book to them. Am I nuts for buying a book to read to dogs?
I don't think anyone ever question that before. Which, I guess, makes it normal. The question is, is 'normal' an acceptable behavior?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #33618
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'm finishing up a terrarium I started yesterday. My Siamese Fighting fish went to Davy Jone's Locker last week and I decided to go terra rather than aqua for the next year or so. The ¥100 Shops all sell these tiny little potted plants, so I bought up a bunch to use for the new project. Today I'll collect some little pieces of moss growing on the rocks near the house to fill in any open spaces between the plants in the front row. That might also add some livestock to the terrarium, making it more of a biome!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:50 AM   #33619
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Noticing that the favicon looks wrong! Has mobileread changed its logo, or is my browser getting confused? Come to think of it the mobileread icon appears on image pages sometimes. Has this happened to anyone else?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:29 AM   #33620
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Noticing that the favicon looks wrong! Has mobileread changed its logo, or is my browser getting confused? Come to think of it the mobileread icon appears on image pages sometimes. Has this happened to anyone else?
It's okay for me. Are you referring to the favicon at the top of the browser (the page tab)? What are you seeing?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:53 AM   #33621
Gorgonseyes
Connoisseur
Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
lol!

Back to work today sigh....
Gorgonseyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:28 AM   #33622
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I have a day off today and half an hour ago I was slowly waking up when I heard a rhythmic tapping. At first I thought it was next door but it sounded closer. A couple of minutes later someone went up to the attic. I guess one of the roofers was outside waiting for another roofer to open the window from the inside and decided to be creative.

Their now replacing the window for one that fit and hopefully won't leak. I also hope that they can easily fix the leaky guttering, which leaks when it's raining hard. They scored three out of three in a negative way: they should have replaced the window with one that my father told them to get, they didn't and the creatively fit window leaked even when there was a drizzle when the old window didn't leak. They also should have replaced all the broken roof tiles to stop those leaks, the didn't replace all of them and it still leaked and they should have checked the guttering when they did the recoating and that is also still leaking.

that tonight the roof over my bedroom is watertight since hard rain showers are predicted and I'm tired of not being able to sleep when it rains.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #33623
lucasfernan89
Fanatic
lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle
Updating the ipod!
lucasfernan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #33624
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
It's okay for me. Are you referring to the favicon at the top of the browser (the page tab)? What are you seeing?
It is the same again today

It looks like it could be a mouse or shield or pocket line drawing in red with a red circle around it. I don' recognise it.

Maybe I should clean up cookies cache and see if it get better?
Old 05-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #33625
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
It is the same again today

It looks like it could be a mouse or shield or pocket line drawing in red with a red circle around it. I don' recognise it.

Maybe I should clean up cookies cache and see if it get better?
Yes, clean out your cache for starters.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #33626
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Yes, clean out your cache for starters.
Did that! no joy - musta missed something....I am going to look on other computers... wierd!
Old 05-03-2012, 04:30 AM   #33627
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Most of the references to this I have found (I had a similar problem some time ago) recommend clearing the cache. I did find this though, so maybe worth a try?

- Start your favorite browser.
- Open the favicon.ico file directly, for example http: //www.yourdomain.com/favicon.ico (I assume this would be the Mobileread domain)
- Refresh the favico.ico URL by pressing F5 or the appropriate browser Refresh (Reload) button
- Close the browser and open your website - voila, your favicon has been updated!

Good luck!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:57 AM   #33628
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Cheers for the help. I cleared the cache again, and the favicon is normal again. Also I had to log in to every thing again including MobileRead. I think I didn't do it properly the first time. The world is normal again!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #33629
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Listening to my father taking the mickey out of a salesman that wants to sell security cameras. My father knows exactly what he wants but usually that either isn't available, is very expensive or simply not possible.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #33630
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I have a day off today and half an hour ago I was slowly waking up when I heard a rhythmic tapping. At first I thought it was next door but it sounded closer. At first I thought it was next door but it sounded closer. A couple of minutes later someone went up to the attic....
As long as you didn't find a stately raven of the saintly days of yore flirting and fluttering in your attic, everything should be just fine.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?