Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-03-2007, 05:34 AM   #1
Kaisentlaia
Obsessive reader
Kaisentlaia began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
Buying Cybook Gen3 in Italy

I've been away for a lot of time... and I don't know if someone has already said it, but a little search gave me no results so...

Simplicissimus Store, which is selling iRex iLiad from this summer, now is selling Cybook Gen3 too, for a nice price (I think): 339 €. I've bought my Sony PRS500 at www.bhphotovideo.com and including change, taxes and shipping I paid it about 300 €. Don't know about which one is better, if Sony or Cybook, but for people living in Italy like me I think it would be nice to buy a reader without all this shipping costs and with warranty

Here you can find the Cybook Gen3 page on Simplicissimus Store website. Hope this will help someone. (and sorry for my bad bad english ^^'')
Kaisentlaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:43 AM   #2
mitja_i
Enthusiast
mitja_i began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
They ship only to Italia?
mitja_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #3
eimert
Connoisseur
eimert doesn't littereimert doesn't litter

Device: Dell Axim X50v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisentlaia View Post
I've been away for a lot of time... and I don't know if someone has already said it, but a little search gave me no results so...

Simplicissimus Store, which is selling iRex iLiad from this summer, now is selling Cybook Gen3 too, for a nice price (I think): 339 €. I've bought my Sony PRS500 at www.bhphotovideo.com and including change, taxes and shipping I paid it about 300 €. Don't know about which one is better, if Sony or Cybook, but for people living in Italy like me I think it would be nice to buy a reader without all this shipping costs and with warranty

Here you can find the Cybook Gen3 page on Simplicissimus Store website. Hope this will help someone. (and sorry for my bad bad english ^^'')
From what I hear the Cybook3 looks like a nice device. I just wonder - how come this Italian shop can offer it for 339 € (20% VAT incl.), when Bookeen sells it for 350€. Maybe I should check the P&P and buy from there instead from Bookeen - that way I can afford to buy two more books :-)
eimert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:39 AM   #4
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
I just bought my cybook there, it's a great place to buy your ereader.
(They also ship internationally.)
The reason they are cheaper it's simply because they have a smaller margin.
Shipping costs are very low as well.
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:56 AM   #5
IreneDelse
Groupie
IreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3 & Opus
Obviously, Simplicissimus buys in bulk from Bookeen (and from iRex - check their 630 € iLiad !) and gets a substantial rebate.

BTW, there's another italian hi-tech retailer, Bow.it, offering the Cybook for 339 €. But AFAIK, they only ship to adresses in Italy.

Not so with Simplicissimus: I tried, and succeeded, to register with a address in France. Shipping to other countries is available, too. And their S&H rates are very reasonnable too.

Edit: Oops, BKeeper beat me to it! ;-)
IreneDelse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:38 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Do they have the Gen3 in stock?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:46 PM   #7
ricdiogo
Gutenberger
ricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do they have the Gen3 in stock?
You can order it but it ships after Dec. 12th.
ricdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:29 PM   #8
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by eimert View Post
From what I hear the Cybook3 looks like a nice device. I just wonder - how come this Italian shop can offer it for 339 € (20% VAT incl.), when Bookeen sells it for 350€. Maybe I should check the P&P and buy from there instead from Bookeen - that way I can afford to buy two more books :-)
Do you really get two books for 11€? Bookens price is including VAT also. Is the VAT in Italy the same as in France? Otherwise the difference could just be the VAT.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:36 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Do you really get two books for 11€? Bookens price is including VAT also. Is the VAT in Italy the same as in France? Otherwise the difference could just be the VAT.
VAT is slightly higher in Italy. In France it's 19.6%; in Italy it's 20%.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:02 AM   #10
mitja_i
Enthusiast
mitja_i began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I have to say that Simplicissimus guys are very nice. I had a problem with shipping and they replyed promptly and corrected the issue. I was very pleased with them and they ship to all Europe at a lower price than Bookeen.
mitja_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:57 PM   #11
eimert
Connoisseur
eimert doesn't littereimert doesn't litter

Device: Dell Axim X50v
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Do you really get two books for 11€? .......
Well, with the Euro buying 1.47 US$ right now - yes, you can ;-)
eimert is offline   Reply With Quote