Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 07:17 AM   #1
lizlee4
lizlee4 began at the beginning.

Device: EZreader Pocket Pro
Question Battery charge light not going green?

Hi,
I've been lurking on this forum for ages and finally took the plunge and bought an EZreader last month.
I charged it overnight for the first charge and the green light came on and I left it for another couple of hours after that.
I have charged it twice since then, but the green light never comes on.
It has been plugged in via the USB cable to my computer all day today and it still hasn't gone green. Any suggestions?
Since I am in Australia, I need to get an adapter to be able to use the wall plug - is this quicker/better way to charge the PP??
I did a search and read through many pages of the forum, but couldn't find an answer.
Thanks in advance!

ETA: the light is flashing red on and off, and the battery with the lighting bolt is displayed. The light has just not changed from red to green.

Last edited by lizlee4; 08-15-2010 at 07:21 AM. Reason: to add details
lizlee4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Generally a wall adapter is quicker for charging provided you get one that is greater than 500ma output.

For the first few charge/discharge cycles it can take some time for the battery to calibrate. A charge I did 2 months ago on my computer for 7 hours and not fully charged, so I ended up charging it overnight. By morning it was done.

The battery indicator will change from the lightening bolt to what looks like a power plug when finished charging. I suggest don't worry and just let it charge overnight if you can.

As a side note, make sure when charging your PC does not go to sleep, this will cause the USB ports to turn off and consequently not charge the reader.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
You should do at least 2 to 3, 12 hour charges to calibrate the battery to the battery gauge after you first got it after that charge as normal. Robert always recommended charging when it got down to 2 bars. For the first 12hr charges I always waited till it got down to one bar.

I always use the wall adapter to charge mine as well never USB.
I also find charging with the SD card removed it will charge faster and hold a charge longer. You can put the card back in once it's charged.
I charge mine for about 7 to 8 hours once or twice a month.
I can read about 2000+ pages before it goes to two bars.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Check some other threads here too for battery tips.

Some computer USB ports don't put out a full charge; be sure you are using a computer plugged into the mains and not running only on battery.

You may have another charger in the house that works perfectly well. I use a Blackberry charger that puts out 500 mA and works very well.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote