Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-24-2022, 02:04 AM   #1
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Google play books - ACSM download service not available at this time

bought a book and went to download it only to get this:

How to download books from Google Play
Important: The Adobe Digital Editions export service is unavailable at this time. We are working to resolve this issue.
ADE books already opened from a .ACSM and DRM-free downloads are still supported.

no indication of how long its going to stay broken or how long its been broken already

has anyone else experienced this or found more info ?

PS i played safe and got a refund - the book will still be on sale next month or whenever they get around to fixing it - did not want to risk my refund options timing out while I wait for service to be resumed- leaving me with a non downloadable and no returnable item[ I needed it as a downloaded epub or pdf to import into my mobilesheets music] viewer

& i now realise that all the shops selling epubs in UK were shuttered long ago. not sure if I can buy it anywhere else. Kobo have it but its unclear if i can buy a downloadable epub from kobo or would be stuck with a locked up kepub
i need a shop that sells vanilla epubs , no strings attached, with acsm based download into ade

Last edited by stumped; 11-24-2022 at 02:19 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 02:07 AM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
There's been reports of problems with Google Play books in the ACSM input thread. The first one was November 12.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 02:22 AM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
There's been reports of problems with Google Play books in the ACSM input thread. The first one was November 12.
thanks but that's a different problem - I cant get as far as downloading any acsm. maybe google books pulled the service because of corrupt or bugged acsm files

also - screen grabs from the google books viewer are useless- " full page" is nothing like proper full page, its a small book page in lots of white space & if you do screen grab it and enlarge it to A4, its blurred
Old 11-24-2022, 03:02 AM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I'm thinking that Google disabled ascm downloads in response to the fulfillment faileure.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 02:43 AM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Purchased today (first in a long time), assuming I could download ACSM file(s). Hope this issue is temporary.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 05:16 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Purchased today (first in a long time), assuming I could download ACSM file(s). Hope this issue is temporary.
I just tried some of my previous purchases and I cannot download the ACSM file. Google Books is seriously broken.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 03:14 PM   #7
stumped
Wizard

I did the same test. Went back to a book a bought a couple of months ago, )9which I prudently downloaded at the time). Asked for new ascm to download and got the same service unavailable message.
I guess that repeating the test weekly is the only way to see if it's fixed. There is no info on Google as to why it's broke.

And libraries have had this working for years, how hard can it be to generate a licence file?

Then I tried with a free book and that downloaded ok. So It's only the ones with DRM attached that won't download. But that's probably all the paid for ones.

The moral is, make an unprotected copy of every book you buy, as soon as you buy it it,while you still have refund options if the copy fails.

For Google books , refund options for books are same as for apps I think. Before 2 weeks elapses or before 2 hours use, whichever triggers first
Old 12-02-2022, 01:31 AM   #8
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
It's working again.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acsm