Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-13-2017, 10:25 AM   #1
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Firmware 4.7.10413

Kobo Firmware 4.7.10413

Kobo released Firmware 4.7.10413 on the 13th of Dec.
Affiliates : kobo, bestbuyca, beta, whsmith, fnac, walmartca...

* Not release for Kobo Aura ONE LE, Min, Touch and TouchLC.

Release Notes:
Quote:
Changes & improvements:

• 'Browse' has been renamed 'Kobo Store'

• 'Top 50 Books' has been renamed 'Trending Now'

• Wi Fi security improvements

• Fixed: The list of scanned Wi Fi networks list may have disappeared while viewing it

• Fixed: Sometimes you could not connect to a network, if you took more than one minute to enter the password

• Fixed: Sometimes, pre-ordered books did not appear on the availability date

• Fixed: A highlight that ended at the end of a paragraph could not always be saved

Happy reading!
Bugs:
The reading stats seem to be broken.

WARNING: Installing Firmware 4.7.10413 on devices Kobo Touch and TouchLC, may cause black margins when reading.

Download links for sideloading:
Kobo Firmware Releases
Kobo Firmware Downloader

Last edited by oren64; 01-12-2018 at 03:58 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:32 PM   #2
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Spoiler:

The language file has been updated in this firmware. I'm trying to understand what that would mean, returned the chess?

Last edited by Semwize; 12-13-2017 at 11:52 PM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2017, 02:48 PM   #3
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
I have installed the new Version one my H2O (2014) and it works very fine.
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:19 PM   #4
momchil
momchil began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
Kobo Aura ONE works very fast. Thank you!
momchil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:27 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Kobo Firmware 4.7.10413

Kobo firmware 4.7.10413 has been released. As of December 13, 2017, it has been released to the devices: Kobo Glo, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Touch 2.0, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2, Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Aura Edition 2. It has not been released to the: Kobo Touch A/B, Kobo Touch C, Kobo Mini. The affiliates used to check these firmware versions were: kobo, rakutenbooks, bestbuyca, fnac, beta, walmartca.

Download Links

Official Links: You can also try these generic links at your own risk:
Generated by kobofirmware by Patrick G (geek1011). Source Code
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2017, 04:33 PM   #6
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Question

Kobo Aura 2013 experience, anyone?

INCANUS
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:35 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post

INCANUS
Just try it and find out for yourself.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:13 PM   #8
Peenno
Peenno began at the beginning.

Device: Touch A/B & C
Installed on Touch A/B (mark3) without problem.
Doesn't correct the issue of the 2 black squares at the right and left bottom of the screen when reading a book.

Last edited by Peenno; 12-13-2017 at 06:15 PM.
Peenno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:29 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't have anything to add that isn't in the first post. I don't know of any other fixes that weren't mentioned.

As @Peenno has discovered, the display problems are still there on the Touch. I believe this is why it has not been officially released for these devices. In my testing, the problem isn't as bad as Peenno is seeing. I only see it occasionally and usually after using the different menu options while reading.

For calibre, I have updated the supported firmware version number in the KoboTouch driver. This will be in the next release of calibre. There were no other changes needed to support this firmware version. Until the calibre update is release, it is safe to use the "Attempt to support newer firmware versions" option in the driver configuration.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:40 PM   #10
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
This firmware works fine for me on my Kobo Mini. I have not tested it on my Aura 2 yet.

Also, just wanted to clear up a common misconception on my firmware downloader: it does not depend on the user's IP address, as everything goes through a proxy in the U.S, and I also have a script running which checks it (and manually updates the firmware page) from a few proxies in Japan, Europe, and a few other locations.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:42 PM   #11
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
And a useful note for the patches (I just finished porting the ones I use [I know, I'm kind of impatient]): Most from 9995 still work, but string replacements do not need the \0 between every character anymore, and the strings command is not the option -el anymore, it is -es for finding the strings in libnickel.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:33 PM   #12
vostro
Connoisseur
vostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Scribe,Elipsa,PWSE,FORMA,KOA2,KV,KA1, KAH2O, PW1-4, KA, AKT,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post

INCANUS
no issue here after update for aura 2013.
vostro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:00 AM   #13
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vostro View Post
no issue here after update for aura 2013.
same here. And a fuzzy feeling of safety since this supposedly solves the recent wifi vulnerability
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:58 AM   #14
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Aura One updated last night
No problems.
Didnt notice any particular performance improvement over 4.6, bit maybe it's more gradual since the big improvements in the past.
Forgot to check highlighting...
The wifi security fix was already in the last 4.6 release I think.
To be honest, this release seems primarily cosmetic, which isnt necessarily a bad thing!
But maybe I will notice more in the next days
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:25 AM   #15
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex View Post
Aura One updated last night
No problems.
Didnt notice any particular performance improvement over 4.6, bit maybe it's more gradual since the big improvements in the past.
Forgot to check highlighting...
The wifi security fix was already in the last 4.6 release I think.
To be honest, this release seems primarily cosmetic, which isnt necessarily a bad thing!
But maybe I will notice more in the next days
The last 4.6.x release was only to one affiliate, so most Kobo users didn't see it. The WiFi security fix is important (or at least perceived as important). But, the timing is largely because of the Aura ONE LE. If it wasn't for that, I think they would have released 4.6.10075 more widely and waited for next year with more changes.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote