Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 07-06-2016, 05:19 PM   #1
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Submitting bug reports

Hello everyone.

I've been receiving bug reports or queries about possible bugs scattered throughout many different threads making it very difficulty for me to keep track of them and replying in context. This is especially the case when they are posted as replies to threads having an unrelated topic to the report.

It would really help me a lot if you submit reports directly by email (Settings > About > Info). In many cases, I would need to follow up with you by email anyway.

Thanks for helping.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:16 PM   #2
quiris
Groupie
quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles: KOA1, KV
What about maintaining bug reports on https://github.com/kguil similar to: https://github.com/kguil/Marvin-Roadmap/issues ?
quiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2016, 01:25 PM   #3
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
I'd rather not introduce yet another place to track in my workflow.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:01 PM   #4
JKenP
Connoisseur
JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Kobo iPhone Kindle 8 HD
What you are asking is to use the device with an annoying keyboard for those of us not hooked on SMS. The easier it is to submit problems the better the problem solving. The more transparent that is the better the moral.
JKenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 04:16 PM   #5
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
I hope you're not saying GitHub is dead, Kris. GitHub is the professional place to track bug reports and feature requests. MobileRead forums are an unholy mess, compared to GitHub.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2016, 03:08 AM   #6
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I hope you're not saying GitHub is dead, Kris. GitHub is the professional place to track bug reports and feature requests. MobileRead forums are an unholy mess, compared to GitHub.
He didn't say anything about GitHUb being dead, nor did he suggest using MobileRead forums. Clearly Kris wants people to email him.

I am not sure about GitHub. You said it yourself, it is the professional place to track bugs. This may put off the more casual user, whereas they may find the MR forums, or using email from Marvin itself, an easier and more friendly way of raising bugs.

Last edited by ShellShock; 07-09-2016 at 03:14 AM.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:37 PM   #7
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
And your point is...? My point is that whatever is done, GitHub should be kept alive as the (or at least a, for all I care) place to track Marvin bug reports and feature requests. No need to set up a new GitHub for Marvin 3, in my opinion; the current listing is perfectly fine, I believe – it simply needs to be updated to reflect the most recent Marvin 3 developments. But many Marvin deficiencies are (unfortunately) shared among all existing Marvin versions, and that is why I believe it's not necessary to set up a separate GitHub for Marvin 3.

PS: If the hordes of MobileRead trolls stay away from GitHub, so much the better! GitHub, as a professional tool, thanks to its clear organization, makes it obvious which users are truly trying to help improve Marvin, and which users simply have nothing better to do than to attack fellow Marvin users. Here, in chaotic MobileRead forums, that crucial difference is obfuscated, which suits the trolls, of course.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote