Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #31
Server
Anti-Narcissist
Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SØNY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by debacler View Post
"....I mentioned the dust issue in a review at sonystyle.com last week...."
His post was over a week ago. If they are auditing the posts, why
would mine appear and then get pulled later?

*update*
Lets call a spade a spade. IF Sony was manipulating its own website
reviews by selectively deleting unfavorable posts because they believed
it was say from a competitors (kindle) or some other, all they had to do
was add SERIAL # to the post to validate as how they did when they
CONTACTED me here privately in this forum.

Lets see what happens with a second mini review....

Last edited by Server; 01-29-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Server is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:54 AM   #32
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Wow. A big company like Sony acting like this!? Sure their profits are down 95% but come on this isn't going to help.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #33
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

SOny Canada contacted me today from the "Sony Listens" post. It was delayed due to them having to get the email to the Canadian support area.

Since I am local to the depot they have asked me to drive the unit in with the original receipt and packaging. I'm going to drive there on Monday so I'll let you all know what happens then.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:42 PM   #34
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That is awesome. Keep us updated.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:32 PM   #35
debacler
debacler began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
Server - Thanks for the contact info. I sent an email off to Sony Listens. I didn't see a CR email address to CC. I guess I'll wait and see if Sony Listens can figure this out before contacting them.

My review wasn't pulled from the site, it never made it up. The only review that I know of that was removed was Server's. For all we know this all could just be some sort of glitch. I'm holding off on the pitchforks and torches until we see something more conclusive.

Back on the subject of the dust spots, for those with the spots, how long did you had your reader before the spots got real bad? I've only gotten a handful that have shown up over the month I've had it. Should I expect them to just keep accumulating? It's not a huge issue for me as I only use the lights occasionally.

Last edited by debacler; 01-30-2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: massive grammar failure
debacler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2009, 06:53 PM   #36
Server
Anti-Narcissist
Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

For whats its worth, I gave up on the review site.
My first post WAS pulled after I viewed it myself.
The second post never made it up for whatever reason(s).

As for the dust, my email to SonyListens got my credentials
referred to Customer Service where I reside and I await for
further instructions to which I presume will be a swapped
unit (hopefully from the Revision B production line) Again,
the issue on my unit is quite minor but it does exists. I will
do the swap only because of what I read here that the
flecks got worse over time.

Last edited by Server; 01-31-2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: grammarrrrrr
Old 01-31-2009, 09:44 PM   #37
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?

debacler: I've had the unit since Dec 8'th. So all I can tell you is it does get worse over time.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:54 PM   #38
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?

Dropped off the unit at Sony this afternoon. They have "Never seen anything like it" and will have the unit for 10-12 business days while they determine the cause.

So here's hoping Sony Canada talks to Sony US as more of you in the states have the issue as well.

Back to reading on my Cellphone as my wife can't give up the EBW1150 now that she's hooked on ebooks too! <Laugh>
Old 02-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #39
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Perhaps you can direct them to these forums so they can see that it's not an isolate incident.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #40
Server
Anti-Narcissist

You mean they didn't offer you a SWAP?? or a Loner reader? Hmm...
Was it hard for you to show them the dust or was yours that obvious?
Old 02-02-2009, 08:01 PM   #41
ewiplayer
Enthusiast
ewiplayer has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-700
I've got those lovely dust spots too. Gonna see if sony will help
ewiplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:35 AM   #42
ewiplayer
Enthusiast
ewiplayer has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-700
Wow... they got back to me really quickly, but the response is... well, hilarious? Sad?

Quote:
I'm sorry you're experiencing difficulty with your Sony Reader as it appears to have
dust particles on the screen. Based on the information you've provided, I suggest
that you perform a hard reset and check the operation. I have provided a link* for
the information to perform hard reset:

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/d...nalId=C1002072

*You may be asked to enable or allow the link to work.
Yup... software reset... that'll clean up the dust.
ewiplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:49 AM   #43
Dedale
Guest Star
Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook STR
wtf ?!
I love this kind of answers...

Good luck with the next contact...
Dedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:59 AM   #44
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?

Server: No they didn't offer a swap, a loaner or anything. It was very easy to show the lady the dust spots I flipped on the lights and you can see them in daylight now too. ;(
Old 02-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #45
Phonella
Enthusiast
Phonella began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
Server: No they didn't offer a swap, a loaner or anything. It was very easy to show the lady the dust spots I flipped on the lights and you can see them in daylight now too. ;(
Please keep us posted. I'm also from Canada and just had one dust spot appear overnight. As others have said it's distracting when reading with the light on at night. I received delivery Nov. 19 and have never taken this thing out of the house -- it just stays on the nightstand beside my bed.
Phonella is offline   Reply With Quote