Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-26-2010, 01:15 AM   #1
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
iPad Survival Guide

in the iBook store there is a paid book called "iPad Survival Guide" currently selling for $1. it's at the top of the US charts currently.

just wanted to say it's worth the buck to get it. a bit more tips and tricks than Apple's iPad guide and includes information on 3rd party apps such as Skype and the Kindle reader.

formatting is a little wonky, but I'm blaming that on iBooks itself.

there was also a 1.01 update to iBooks released.. says it has performance improvements, but I haven't noticed any.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
in the iBook store there is a paid book called "iPad Survival Guide" currently selling for $1. it's at the top of the US charts currently.

just wanted to say it's worth the buck to get it. a bit more tips and tricks than Apple's iPad guide and includes information on 3rd party apps such as Skype and the Kindle reader.

formatting is a little wonky, but I'm blaming that on iBooks itself.

there was also a 1.01 update to iBooks released.. says it has performance improvements, but I haven't noticed any.
Thanks for the heads up.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
After the upgrade, I haven't hit gray space whom swiping to scroll fast. That's all I've noticed so far.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
Thanks for the tip. I picked it up last night. Definitely worth 99¢

One tip not in there that I just figured out myself by seeing a photo of someone else's iPad is that the bottom app anchor can hold 6 apps there instead of the default 4.

Handy for getting at the essentials when you have several pages of apps. I quickly promoted Corkulous and PCalc lite to anchored status
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
heh maybe we need a thread "what 6 are on your dock"? i've currently got 5..
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
heh maybe we need a thread "what 6 are on your dock"? i've currently got 5..
I've got six. Wish there were a way to have two rows. I want all my book apps fixed, and that's too many.

I'm half-way through the 99 cent guide. Worth it. Wish he or she would write one for Calibre.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote