Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Sigil 0.2.0 betas available

It's here!

The first beta of Sigil 0.2.0 has been released. This will be the official beta thread, and it will be updated as new beta releases come out.

More details in this blog post. Please keep the discussion on the betas in this thread.

Man am I glad I finally got this out of the door...
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
o happy day !!!

bravo and congratulations to you, valloric ! thanks for all your work ! i hope you'll get some vacation now.

/me runs to download and test it out.

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 03-02-2010 at 01:01 PM.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
vallorica !
Ouch.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:02 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Ouch.
oops ! sorry, that was just a mistype in my excitement, not a confusion of your identity. it was the emotion. i first typed "sorrym" here if that makes you feel better. anyway i fixed it now.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw this morning lots of mails from issues I have starred saying they have been marked as fixed in 0.2.0beta. Been hitting F5 constantly since..................

Off to test this....

Thanks for all your hard work.

Edit:
I haven't used it much yet, but this baby is FAST!

Edit2:
A few niggles:
Deleting a file takes me to the top in the book browser, which is a bit of a pain, if you have a long list of files.
Can't change file extensions from within the browser. Mostly I'm thinking of changing between xtml (which Sigil uses) htm and html.

Last edited by Dave Berk; 03-02-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
WOW. Looks great and very speedy. Must go and experiment.

First peek, apostrophes (') and quotes (") are getting rendered as (â)

Is this just me?

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 03-02-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
polyfragmentiert
Groupie
polyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SONY PRS-T1, bald tolino vision 3 HD
Thanks for the beta,

can't run it though: when running from the commandl line via "sigil" I get

Code:
sigil: symbol lookup error: sigil: undefined symbol: _ZN9QListData7detach3Ev
When running from /opt/sigil/sigil via command line, I get the same error as the next user here

Code:
/opt/sigil/sigil: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libQtDBus.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZN14QObjectPrivate15checkWindowRoleEv
I'm on Ubuntu Karmic 32-bit, had deleted the /opt/sigil and ~/.Sigil folders before installation.

I have the faint feeling I had this problem with 0.1.6 already, but can't find the thread right now.

Last edited by polyfragmentiert; 03-02-2010 at 02:38 PM.
polyfragmentiert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #8
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
I'm on Ubuntu Karmic 32 bit as well and I get the error

/opt/sigil/sigil: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libQtDBus.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZN14QObjectPrivate15checkWindowRoleEv
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #9
Valloric

The errors are telling you that the Qt libraries that are available on the PATH do not match the ones Sigil needs.

On Linux, you cannot run the "sigil" executable directly. You need to run "sigil.sh". That sets up the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable and starts Sigil. All of this is done so the Qt libs the installer places in the /opt/sigil dir are picked up during load.

The desktop and the start menu shortcuts call this shell script for you, use those.

This all pertains to Sigil installed from the provided binary installers. If you compiled the source yourself, you can just call "sigil" since you need >Qt 4.6.0 on the PATH just to compile the sources.

This behavior is nothing new and has been present in several previous versions of Sigil.

Last edited by Valloric; 03-02-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #10
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
First peek, apostrophes (') and quotes (") are getting rendered as (â)

Is this just me?
This is probably an encoding issue with the content you loaded. If you create an issue and attach the file, I can tell you exactly what the problem is.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
Deleting a file takes me to the top in the book browser, which is a bit of a pain, if you have a long list of files.
Yes, I've noticed it. It is annoying. The Book Browser needs to refresh after you make a change to a file, but it should at least scroll down to where you were.

Add it to the tracker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
Can't change file extensions from within the browser. Mostly I'm thinking of changing between xtml (which Sigil uses) htm and html.
Why do you want to do that? It doesn't matter what the extension is for HTML files, what determines the "type" of HTML/XHTML is the declaration in the file. And your Reading System doesn't care, since it loads content based on the MIME type specified in the OPF.

What Sigil is trying to prevent is a user renaming an XHTML file to, say, JPEG. That would screw things up internally.

But what I could do is implement a "whitelist", where you could go from "xhtml" <-> "html" <-> "htm" etc. Same thing for "jpeg" <-> "jpg".

Add it to the tracker.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #12
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
Thanks. Will 0.2.0 install over the top of 0.1.9 or should you uninstall it first?
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #13
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastan View Post
Thanks. Will 0.2.0 install over the top of 0.1.9 or should you uninstall it first?
If you install a new version of Sigil to a different folder than the previously installed one, then the two can safely coexist.

If you install to the same path, the original installation is overwritten. InstallJammer takes care of that, and there are no problems in 99.9999% of such overwriting installations. But then there's that 0.0001%...

Personally, I overwrite it and I've never had a problem. And no one has ever reported a problem caused by such an installation.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:47 PM   #14
polyfragmentiert
Groupie
polyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SONY PRS-T1, bald tolino vision 3 HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
The errors are telling you that the Qt libraries that are available on the PATH do not match the ones Sigil needs.

On Linux, you cannot run the "sigil" executable directly. You need to run "sigil.sh". That sets up the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable and starts Sigil. All of this is done so the Qt libs the installer places in the /opt/sigil dir are picked up during load.

The desktop and the start menu shortcuts call this shell script for you, use those.
Using the menu and desktop links doesn't open Sigil at all, using /opt/sigil$ ./sigil.sh on the command line results in

Code:
/opt/sigil/./sigil: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libQtDBus.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZN14QObjectPrivate15checkWindowRoleEv
So the shell file doesn't load the needed Qt libs? What now? Sorry if the question should be quite dense.

Last edited by polyfragmentiert; 03-02-2010 at 03:51 PM.
polyfragmentiert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #15
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfragmentiert View Post
Using the menu and desktop links doesn't open Sigil at all, using /opt/sigil$ ./sigil.sh on the command line results in

Code:
/opt/sigil/./sigil: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libQtDBus.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZN14QObjectPrivate15checkWindowRoleEv
So the shell file doesn't load the needed Qt libs? What now? Sorry if the question should be quite dense.
Hm... the question is not dense, what you did should work.

Run these commands and report back:
Code:
cd /opt/sigil
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWD
./sigil