Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-13-2010, 03:02 AM   #16
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Eisenhower & Lutz
He & She
Coronet Blue
Occasional Wife
The Man Who Never Was
Hawk

Instead of cancelling Remington Steele after the first year with poor ratings, they made it into a different show, very mediocre, and it ran for four seasons more. America doesn't want quality!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:10 AM   #17
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
The Lone Gunman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lon...28TV_series%29
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2010, 03:11 AM   #18
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Definitely Invasion and also Firefly. Shiny!
Firefly was really good.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:10 AM   #19
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
The Dresden Files.
- I've heard that the reason they canceled it wasn't because it was unpopular, but because it didn't attract the particular audience that SciFi actually wanted.
I tried to watch that one but as I had just finished reading the books I couldn't get into it. The book series however is one dang good read. I may try watching it again when the books aren't so fresh in my mind.

Tombstone...I watched the three seasons of that one and was wanting more...

Lexx...I just finished watching season two and its one dang good show....

Matt Helm...It's a cheasy 70's detective show but I kind of like it. It's on Crackle.com right now.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:17 AM   #20
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
"The Prisoner" with Patrick McGoohan

I'm not sure if it was actually canceled, but I still have no idea what happened and I saw all the episodes....

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2010, 10:11 AM   #21
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Keep in mind shows that are considered concluded are not considered to be "cancelled."
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #22
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
"The Prisoner" with Patrick McGoohan

I'm not sure if it was actually canceled, but I still have no idea what happened and I saw all the episodes....
The Prisoner wasn't canceled... but they had intended to do more episodes, and were told by the studio that they'd have to end it earlier than planned. I understand the "essential" episodes, those that were needed to explain the show, were all aired.

For my list: Firefly, The 4400, Defying Gravity.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #23
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Roar
The Dresden Files
Firefly
Highlander
The Crow

=)
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #24
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Gunsmoke
The Rifleman
The Lone Ranger

It's been a while since I watched much TV...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #25
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
That Girl?
It was "Arrested Development"
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
For me it has to be "Doctor Who". Started in 1963; cancelled in 1989, but the BBC came to their senses 16 years later and brought it back in 2005, from which time it's been a massive success again, and has now clocked up a total of 756 episodes.

Last edited by HarryT; 02-13-2010 at 01:30 PM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:39 PM   #27
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Better Off Ted
Better Off Ted is cancelled?!

Denial:

Anger:

Bargaining:

Depression:

Anger again:

More depression:

More anger:

It was no arrested development, but between that and Community, it was like there was decent 1/2 hour comedy on TV again. (the office is a little long in the tooth, and Parks and Recreation is basically the same tooth)
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #28
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
"Journeyman" and "Daybreak" are very good tv series that got cancelled. Both of them involved time travel.
I miss that one, too. I was really getting into Journeyman when they pulled the plug.

Here's one that--from all the blank stares I get when I mention it--I may have been the only person in the continental U.S. who ever saw an episode.

Strange Luck was a show that starred D.B. Sweeney as Chance Harper, a fellow whose life was in constant turmoil because of the bizarre and inexplicable luck that follows him; sometimes good, sometimes bad, always extraordinary.

I fell in love with Chance Harper seven minutes into the first episode, when he raised his camera and started taking pictures as he was falling off the top of a 13 story building. As he explained to the police later, “I was already falling. I figured, what the hell?”

Some months before that, I was joy riding in a Cessna with an inexperienced pilot and we lost contact with the tower. Not having learned yet to watch the windsocks when the radio is out, the pilot approached the runway from the wrong direction. It was a very rocky landing, and we almost ran off the asphalt. Nearly certain that a crash was imminent, I grabbed my camera and began taking pictures, thinking, “I may die, but at least I’ll get some great shots on the way out!”

Well, we neither died nor crashed that day, but when I later saw Chance Harper on Strange Luck having virtually the same response to danger that I had, I had to love the guy.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #29
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Daybreak was one of the few great but actually canceled series that I wasn't sad about losing -- I very much doubt it was intended to only be one season, but it really was a solid complete telling of a coherent story, and felt like a perfectly intentional mini-series how it turned out. It was a little like 24 in that way.

Normally when something gets cut off at the knees like that, they don't even manage to tell one really coherent story that stands on its own. It's like half written book with the ending scrawled on a napkin in ketchup stitched onto page 250 of 500. Very unsatisfying.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:49 PM   #30
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
One from me in the UK (and I guess not many people will agree with me) - 'Eldorado'.

It was supposed to be the BBC's new flagship soap opera but it was so truly, madly awful that it actually lasted only about a year or so. I seem to recall that, alongside 'real' actors, they used novices to give the series a new fresh look. Unfortunately, they didn't bother to check whether or not these people could act - most couldn't. I think that most people, like me, only tuned in to stare slack-jawed at the real awfulness of the acting!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote