Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-20-2006, 07:24 AM   #1
Pitchfork
Connoisseur
Pitchfork began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad/Ipaq 6340
Left handed issues

Having had my Iliad for a day now, I have found only one irritating isuue. The Wacom pen seems to be optimized for rights handed use.

When I write using my left hand with the pen tilted slightly to the left, the line of the pen is offset 2 mm to the left, making it very hard to write, however if I write with my right hand or turn the Iliad upside down. the same is not true.

I have 3 Wacom tablets, ranging from the old Artpad II to the latest Intuos III and none of them have this problem.

Have any of you clever Linux guys found any configuration data for the stylus while looking through the file system or registry?
Pitchfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:59 AM   #2
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
nope :-( And I have not founf the Xconfig file, neither.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2006, 10:44 AM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I can't find it, but there was some discussion yesterday of a similar problem -- someone had the offset happening unless he held the stylus perpendicular to the screen.

The solution they discussed was to re-calibrate the stylus with it held in a more natural writing position -- I was searching for it 'cause I can't remember how you're supposed to do that. If I find it, I'll follow up.

edit -- Ah, I found it, but there aren't any details on recalibration, sorry 'bout that.

Last edited by NatCh; 07-20-2006 at 10:57 AM.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote