Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-17-2010, 05:54 AM   #1
Polvo
Enthusiast
Polvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshesPolvo can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle 3 - 3G
Javascript and Bookmarklets

Has anyone had any success in making the above work in the K3 webkit browser?

I've just started experimenting by changing the text in /usr/share/browser/readability/readability_min_utf16.js

I've had limited success. I put a simple "search this site in Google" bookmarklet in the file replacing the readability script.

The results? The pop-up box took over 1min to pop-up! When it did I entered some text but was just returned to the same page I had been on and NOT a Google Search results page.

When I tried the two JS lines separately they each worked (but still slowly).

The script:
Code:
javascript:s=escape(prompt('Enter search term(s)'));window.location.href='http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=site:'+window.location.host+'+'+escape(s)+'&btnG=Google+Search';
Polvo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookmarklet, browser, javascript, webkit