Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-10-2008, 07:31 AM   #1
xanlexian
Connoisseur
xanlexian began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 / Nook GL / Kindle 3
Calibre misidentifies my 505 as a 700

Using Calibre 112 in VMWare 6.5 under WinXP Pro SP2(host OS is Vista Home Premium 64bit).

Not sure if running in a virtual machine has anything to do with anything -- but more info the better.

Also, I'm not sure if anything screwy is happening 'behind the scenes' -- but Calibre identifies my PRS-505 as a PRS-700.

Everything works flawlessly, though.

Just thought I'd mention this.
xanlexian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #2
xanlexian
Connoisseur

Here:

Advert
Old 12-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
I got the same thing the first time I plugged in my Reader after .110. Hasn't come up since and it doesn't seem to affect anything.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:30 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This will be fixed in the next release.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #5
xanlexian
Connoisseur

Thank you, Kovid. Calibre is such an amazing piece of software, major kudos to you! You'll certainly be receiving a donation come January. Just so you know (and I know I'm not the only one), "Calibre" was a MAJOR decision factor for me going with the PRS-505 as opposed to the Kindle.

Also, as JPlumey mentioned -- this has absolutely zero affect on the function or operation of Calibre --> Reader. Just more of an aesthetic thing, if anything. Just though I would bring it up!

Again, thank you so much for the effort and time you put into your fantastic piece of software!
Advert
Old 12-10-2008, 05:15 PM   #6
CaptOzone
CaptOzone began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Actually, it does have an affect on some of us - we are unable to access our SD Storage cards at all under Calibre. We can dump books to them via an external device and then plug the card back into the Sony PRS-505 and see them, but obviously this isn't the way to go.

I put in a ticket on this, and Kovid is working on a fix for this.

In a couple of days I plan to send him a donation as well. I love the software, and it WAS the deciding factor in me going with the PRS-505 over the Kindle.

DCM
CaptOzone is offline   Reply With Quote