Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
chazmena
Member Retired
chazmena began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Got a new Mac, Macbook Pro--is there a Mobiread software?

Please help, you guys?
I am trying to find a mobiread software for my Mac Mobiread? I would love it...been using it with my PC laptop for a year, now, but would like to be able to do the same with this Mac?

Is there a Mobiread coming out for me?

Please, Please help?

chaz mena
chazmena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:02 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazmena View Post
Please help, you guys?
I am trying to find a mobiread software for my Mac Mobiread? I would love it...been using it with my PC laptop for a year, now, but would like to be able to do the same with this Mac?

Please, Please help?

chaz mena
Are you looking for a way to view this web site? Or an eBook Reader? You should be able look at the web site or the mobile version of this web site today. Check the wiki for mac specific eBook reading software.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
If you meant MobiPOCKET and not Mobileread, then while there is no official Mobipocket reader for the Mac, you can read non DRM protected book using FBReader.

To read Protected books, your going to have to remove 'strip' the DRm off those books. To do so do a search for MobiDeDRM .
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Please help, you guys?

Please, Please help?

chaz mena
I assume you mean mobireader? There is no Mac version. Other than FBReader as recommended above. Take a look at Stanza from Lexcycle. However, if will not read DRMed ebooks.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:38 AM   #5
chazmena
Member Retired

PilotBob:
Thank you for asking to help me.
I am looking for an ebook reader for my Mac.
I do have a Kindle, but there are all these issues with transferring my books on mobileread to my kindle.
Advert
Old 10-24-2008, 11:58 AM   #6
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

What issues are you having transferring books from your Mac to your Kindle? Unless you want to read your books on your Mac, you don't need any special software.

Tracey
(also a Kindle user/Mac fangurl!)
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:12 PM   #7
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Mobipocket do not make, and have no interest in MAC or Linux as far as I can determine, so if you buy DRM books to read on your MAC, you are somewhat stuffed.

There does appear to be ways to un-DRM such books (read the forum) and then other readers may be able to read them. I certainly haven't been able to figure it out how to un-DRM books, as it seems terribly long winded, especially as that thread is somewhat extensive but I bought them to read on my devices & not the MAC so not too bothered.

If you just wish to transfer them from a MAC to your "book" you basically just drag & drop, but you need to ensure your device is registered through wherever you bought the book from. If you forgot, you should be able to go back, register your reader & re-download.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:15 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
Mobipocket do not make, and have no interest in MAC or Linux as far as I can determine, so if you buy DRM books to read on your MAC, you are somewhat stuffed.
The OP said they have a Kindle... so I assume the eBooks do not have DRM on this... why else would they need to do it from the computer... unless they can't get access to Whisper for some reason.

In that case, as someone said, all you need on the Mac is Finder.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:26 PM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Stanza is OK for non-DRMed Mobipocket. Otherwise you just need to copy the books to your Kindle.

http://www.lexcycle.com/

Mobipocket seem unlikely to produce a Mac client themselves.

Quote:
Please help, you guys?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:22 AM   #10
chazmena
Member Retired

I would like to thank all of you who proffered your help. I did my homework and DL Stanza, and understand how all of this works now. I have been able to go to a number of websites that offer ebooks with EPUB extensions and am very happy for it.

Thank you all very much, what a nice group of people.

Peace,
chaz mena
Old 10-28-2008, 12:06 PM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I haven't tried it yet, but you could try using CrossOver Mac and the Windows version of Mobipocket Reader.

I mention this because for today only you can get a free license for CrossOver Mac.

Just go to http://www.codeweavers.com/ and enter your email. They've been flooded by demand, so it'll take a couple of days.

Paul

Quote:
Please help, you guys?

Please, Please help?

chaz mena
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:47 AM   #12
chazmena
Member Retired

Thank you so much, Brother, I will look into this immediately...Going to the UK this Spring, BTW--Can't Wait!!