Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #36766
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I've never tried, or seen these, but they seem to be liquorice and fruit?
How do you know which is the Bertie Basset one?
Attachment 116060
I tried to attach a picture, but gave up - how do you do that?

Last edited by Bilbo1967; 12-01-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #36767
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 516.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	116064

OK - worked it out, it's the one on the left in the picture above.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #36768
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I've read that in many Jewish households, going out for Chinese food is a tradition on Christmas Day. Makes sense. I assume it's the least crowded day of the year for all restaurants, and since many of the owners of Chinese restaurants are also from backgrounds that don't celebrate Christmas, it's just another work day for them.

But getting back to the day after Thanksgiving; Chinese food would be an excellent choice except for all the leftovers we need to eat before they go bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I'm thinking it's my lucky day. I have a box of Bassets Liquorice Allsorts. My favorite is the Berrtie Basset sweet. In most boxes there's one, maybe two of them. We haven't got through the box yet and I've already found seven!

Living the high life.
It's posts like this that give one the merest glimpse as to how j.k. Rowling was able to come up with some of her incredible fantasy treats
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #36769
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Attachment 116064

OK - worked it out, it's the one on the left in the picture above.
Thanks. It looks to be solid black liquorice? What is the other one?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #36770
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Thanks. It looks to be solid black liquorice? What is the other one?
It's actually a very dark blue and is more of a liquorice flavoured hard jelly type thing. The other one is a sort of clear liquorice flavoured jelly covered in sweet bits (it comes in blue and pink). That's my second favourite.

Unhappily, Mrs B has now removed the box. claiming, and I quote, "You'll just sit there and eat them all".

Spoiler:
She's right, I would have
Old 12-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #36771
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Hey! There be hot water in this house! My ex-daughter-in-law and her estranged current husband finished installing the new water heater this afternoon.

This is great news. Now my wife will no longer have to boil water for her bath the way she did this morning, nor put up with a stinking husband who's too lazy to go back to bathing Ma and Pa Kettle style. A win for everyone!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #36772
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Riding an Amtrak train back to LA. Was visiting with family in Oceanside and San Diego.

It was a fun trip. Got to to see my brother, aunt, and cousins. The first of which bought me an iPhone as a belated birthday present. (no more crappy Kyocera!)

Last edited by Dylrob; 12-01-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:58 AM   #36773
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Rumpelteazer - I just picked up an on sale wireless all-in-one printer/scanner/copier also. It is suppose to be able to print from my phone also and it was cheaper to buy a new printer than to purchase the ink for the old one. (The old printer was having trouble printing well)
We don't have Black Friday and I've never seen a printer offered for less than the cartridges/toner. I've found an online ink store with a good reputation that sells their own brand of cartridges for a lot less than the official ones and it contains more ink.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:31 AM   #36774
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
We don't have Black Friday and I've never seen a printer offered for less than the cartridges/toner. I've found an online ink store with a good reputation that sells their own brand of cartridges for a lot less than the official ones and it contains more ink.
Can't you buy the refill ink in your area? It's easier here to find bottles of refill ink for each brand of printer, or shops that will refill your cartridges, than it is to find shops selling new, original cartridges. Most people here use the larger tanks that attach to the outside of the printers, and many shops ONLY sell printers with the tanks already attached!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:36 AM   #36775
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Can't you buy the refill ink in your area? It's easier here to find bottles of refill ink for each brand of printer, or shops that will refill your cartridges, than it is to find shops selling new, original cartridges. Most people here use the larger tanks that attach to the outside of the printers, and many shops ONLY sell printers with the tanks already attached!

Stitchawl
I haven't seen refillers in years and years, let alone tanks for printer ink. As I said, I found a reputable online store that sells their own branded cartridges with more ink than the originals and for less money.

Managed to get another ear infection, or am about to get one, so after a busy morning I'm now going to take it easy the rest of the day.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #36776
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Celebrating National Day with the family; currently at a restaurant having dinner and watching the fireworks and parade.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #36777
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Steam has a sale, the first one since getting back into gaming. I've bought 4 games today (Anna, Infected, Sherlock Holmes and Kairo) and I spend less than €15 in total!
Old 12-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #36778
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
well this is kind of embarrassing , I can't remember what I did with my clothes last year, Santa must have kept me out late, so time for a change!
Old 12-03-2013, 01:39 AM   #36779
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
well this is kind of embarrassing , I can't remember what I did with my clothes last year, Santa must have kept me out late, so time for a change!
Were you and Santa being naughty?
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:02 AM   #36780
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Who us !?

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?