Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 06-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Eliot, George: Complete Works | v.1.6 | Update 30 Oct 2016

This volume collects the complete writings of George Eliot (1819–1880, wikipedia):

• • • • • • • • • •

Click image for larger version

Name:	eliot.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	107306

Scenes of Clerical Life. (1858): The Sad Fortunes of the Rev. Amos Barton, Mr. Gilfil’s Love Story, Janet’s Repentance.

Adam Bede. (1859)

The Lifted Veil. (1859)

The Mill on the Floss. (1860)

Silas Marner, the Weaver of Raveloe. (1861)

Romola. (1863)

Brother Jacob. (1864)

Felix Holt, the Radical. (1866)

The Spanish Gypsy. (1868)

Middlemarch. (1871/72)

The Legend of Jubal, and Other Poems. (1874): The Legend of Jubal, Agatha, Armgart, How Lisa Loved the King, A Minor Prophet, Brother and Sister, Stradivarius, A College Breakfast-Party, Two Lovers, Self and Life, “Sweet Endings Come and Go, Love,” The Death of Moses, Arion, “O May I Join the Choir Invisible.”

Daniel Deronda. (1876)

Impressions of Theophrastus Such. (1879)

The Essays: From the Note-Book of an Eccentric, How to Avoid Disappointment, The Wisdom of the Child, A Little Fable with a Great Moral, Hints on Snubbing, Carlyle’s Life of Sterling, Margaret Fuller, Woman in France: Madame de Sablé, Three Months in Weimar, Evangelical Teaching: Dr. Cumming, German Wit: Henry Heine, The Natural History of German Life, Silly Novels by Lady Novelists, George Forster, Worldliness and Other-Worldliness: The Poet Young, The Influence of Rationalism, The Grammar of Ornament, Address to Working Men, by Felix Holt, Leaves from a Note-Book.

Miscellaneous Poems: On Being Called a Saint, Farewell, Sonnet, Question and Answer, “’Mid my Gold-Brown Curls,” “’Mid the Rich Store,” “As Tu Va la Lune se Lever,” In A London Drawing Room, Arms! To Arms!, Ex Oriente Lux, In the South, Will Ladislaw’s Song, Erinna, I Grant you Ample Leave, Mordecai’s Hebrew Verses, Count that Day Lost.

• • • • • • • • • •

The texts are sourced from Gutenberg, mostly, but I have scanned and corrected 9 additional essays and a bunch of missing poems.

The formatting, italics, and diacritics have been checked and corrected by comparing the texts with the paper editions. Quotes are curly, footnotes are active, and fonts are embedded. Each of the contained books comes with an individual cover.

The collection is sorted chronologically by book (or magazine) publication. There are the usual inline tables of contents and links after each text/chapter to get back to the respective tables. The dates of first publication are noted whenever available.

I couldn’t find a reliable bibliography for George Eliot, and none of the print editions of her Complete Works that can be found online are really complete. Some essays or poems that are attributed to her at times are discarded by other editors. So, while I’m quite confident now about the poetry section being complete, I might (have to) revise the selection of essays.

Best regards,
pynch.

Update | v.1.1 | 4 October 2013
I have finished reading Middlemarch and fixed about 30 minor mistakes.

Update | v.1.2 | 9 November 2014
I have proofed Middlemarch against the first British edition and corrected about 1900 mistakes and variants.

Update | v.1.3 | 18 January 2015
I have proofed Scenes of Clerical Life and Silas Marner against the first British editions, “The Lifted Veil” and “Brother Jacob” against the first magazine publications, and corrected about 2000 mistakes and variants.

Update | v.1.4 | 17 January 2016
I have proofed The Mill on the Floss against the first British edition and corrected about 1300 mistakes and variants.

Update | v.1.5 | 23 October 2016
I have proofed Adam Bede and Impressions of Theophrastus Such against the first British editions and corrected about 800 mistakes and variants.

Update | v.1.6 | 30 October 2016
I have proofed Felix Holt, the Radical and Daniel Deronda against the first British editions and corrected thousands of mistakes and variants.

Previous download count: 1359.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Eliot - Works v.1.6.epub (5.45 MB, 1122 views)

Last edited by pynch; 10-30-2016 at 05:49 AM.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
It is always such a deep pleasure to get another of your perfectly edited opus. And they look even better on the Kobo Aura. I'm presently dipping into your Virginia Woolf's diary and Kafka's Tagebücher and doubleshuffle's Kessler Tagebücher - contemporaries, but I plan hopefully not too far away to read Daniel Deronda: I've never did though I did buy a good bound edition years ago, but I do like to know I can access it whenever and wherever.

Regards, anacreon
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update | v.1.1

I have finished reading Middlemarch and fixed about 30 minor mistakes.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:55 AM   #4
alvina
Connoisseur
alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thank you very much for this beautiful book.
alvina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
It's probably time for everyone to read Middlemarch again, so thanks for refining your version of the novel that many call the greatest of the Victorian period.

(May you never devote this level of attention to Darles Chickens!)

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 11-05-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2013, 01:16 AM   #6
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
(May you never devote this level of attention to Dharles Chickens!)
Ha! So what's the deal with Dickens for you? I mean, many people I respect love him; but I have made several attempts on several of his novels, always giving up 150-200 pages in, being bored to tears. Always thought something must be wrong with me...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:32 AM   #7
pynch
why in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
(May you never devote this level of attention to Dharles Chickens!)
Don’t worry, I would never …

But perhaps we should stop dissing D.C., or else we will all be excommunicated.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:51 AM   #8
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
I never managed to do more than skip through assigned Dickens texts, but much later I did like "Our mutual friend". Did you try it? I don't know whether I'd manage to reread it now though.

I've found since I have readers (2 years), and so many more books than I'll ever read, and so many new ones I want to try every day, that it is more difficult to read those very long books with the tempo of a time without TVs or computers - they read aloud to each other after dinner, and those thrilling serial stories with so many changes of atmosphere must have helped to keep them awake.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:39 AM   #9
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
You've certainly got a point; e-readers make it so easy to switch to a different book. But Dickens defeated me long before the age of the e-book - and at a time when I had no problem reading (and finishing) loads of those looong 19th century novels.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #10
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Never having read George Eliot, I was inspired to start by Rebecca Mead's My Life in Middlemarch. I was so happy to have found your beautifully formatted and carefully edited compilation. Thank you!
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:17 AM   #11
pynch
why in?

Update | v.1.2 | 9 Nov 2014

I have proofed Middlemarch against the first British edition and corrected about 1900 mistakes and variants. This should be fairly accurate now, so please let me know if you find any mistakes in it.

The other texts will follow.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:59 AM   #12
pynch
why in?

Update | v.1.3 | 18 Jan 2015

I have proofed Scenes of Clerical Life and Silas Marner against the first British editions, “The Lifted Veil” and “Brother Jacob” against the first magazine publications, and corrected about 2000 mistakes and variants.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:24 AM   #13
pynch
why in?

Update | v.1.4 | 17 January 2016

I have proofed The Mill on the Floss against the first British edition and corrected about 1300 mistakes and variants. Please let me know if you find any mistakes in it.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:19 AM   #14
litemotif
Enthusiast
litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.litemotif ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook; Mini, H2O; Voyage, Oasis 2; Galaxy Note 8
Thank you for continuing to update this collection, as I love George Eliot. And, sorry, I also love Charles Dickens ;-).
litemotif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:42 AM   #15
pynch
why in?

You’re very welcome.