Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Top 25 Most Anticipated Speculative Novels Released in November 2012

Kevin (Iron Druid) Hearne tweeted this link from "The Ranting Dragon" today. I thought it was interesting and included a few books that I'm anxiously awaiting, some authors I've read in the past, and some I've never tried.

If you're looking for some new fantasy or science fiction to try, this is a good starting point.

Top 25 Most Anticipated Speculative Novels Released in November 2012
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I haven't been anticipating any of them, but I probably will get The Rise of Ransom City. I didn't realize there was a sequel to The Half-Made World in the works.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
I haven't been anticipating any of them, but I probably will get The Rise of Ransom City. I didn't realize there was a sequel to The Half-Made World in the works.
I believe it was planned as a duology from the get-go. I wasn't blown away with The Half-Made World but I was intrigued enough with The Line vs The Gun concept to give the last half of the story a shot at least.

From that list of 25 ... Gilman's The Rise of Ransom City and the anthology of SF stories edited by Jonathan Strahan (Edge of Infinity) are the only one's that really grabbed my attention.

Mazarkis Williams' debut was OK, but didn't grab me enough to make me want to commit to his/her second book (and yes, I hate always typing "his/her" and find the whole secret identity thing a bit silly really) .

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-23-2012 at 03:46 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Huh. A new story from McDevitt and Resnick? Yes please. And a new Dresden files book reminds me I have to catch up.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I'm looking forward to Magic for a Price, which wraps up what I've felt to be a well-plotted series, Trapped and Cold Days. I'll read Cherie Priest's series next year.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert