Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-17-2022, 11:18 AM   #1
wow400
wow400 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Kindle Paperwhite 11 Freezing After Jailbreak

Hi all, I have a Kindle Paperwhite 11 with

fw 5.14.1.1
jailbreak
KUAL
Python

Jailbreak went absolutely fine & as the Kindle was originally on 5.14.2, I downgraded to 5.14.1.1 using tools downgraded.
Again, all great except occasionally the Kindle freezes & I'm unable to turn the page.
I have to turn it off & on again to get the page turn to work.

Is this an issue with new Kindle's, the jailbreak or any other reason does anyone know?

Kind regards,
wow
wow400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 01:25 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Did you factory reset or selectively clear /var/local or something as strongly recommended by the downgrade guides?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2022, 05:43 AM   #3
wow400
wow400 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Did you factory reset or selectively clear /var/local or something as strongly recommended by the downgrade guides?
Thanks (as always) for your reply.
I followed the downgrade guide explicitly so yes, I did.

I've now set the kindle to refresh at every page turn which seems (so far) to have stopped the freezing...
Guess it's something to do with that?
wow400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 11:29 AM   #4
Badcatalex
I draw.
Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, K4B, KPW3, KOA3, KF7 (2019)
Almost certain this has something to do with the PW11-exclusive animated page turn feature...
Badcatalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 03:07 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The stock FW should *never* be tripping the animation crash (and up-to-date custom stuff should prevent you from shooting you in the foot, too).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2022, 11:29 PM   #6
Freshmaker
Bookworm
Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Freshmaker can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle PW5, PW4
When I downgraded my PW5 from 5.14.2 to 5.14.1.1 I encountered some issues too. I did a factory reset, reflashed the 5.14.1.1 firmware, and then reapplied the jailbreak. This cleared everything out and now it's running perfectly. Might be overkill, but this ensures that there are no lingering db files on the device to cause issues.
Freshmaker is offline   Reply With Quote