Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
wizardik
Enthusiast
wizardik began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Best reader app for IQ 701

Hi i will ask you what is the better reader app than default in Pocketbook IQ 701..? I hate design and speed on this reader.
wizardik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
There are lot's, personally I prefer Aldiko 2.0, but you have to install the Fake_AV patch to make it run. Otherwise very good are Moon Reader, Cool Reader or FB Reader.
Of all these only Aldiko can handle Adobe DRM.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
There is a version of Aldiko 2.0 that installs without the patch.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=142229

Other options are Nook 2.5, Kobo, Overdrive Media Console, and Moonreader+ for ePub.
For Kindle azw, well, Kindle for android runs fine and also support drm-free mobi.

Check over at the freeware lovers web site.

For DRM-free epub and mobi/prc, plus other formats, Coolreader 3 is extremely well-liked (my own choice) and some favor FBReaderJ.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
I use Mantano Reader, very best form me for epub and pdf.
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
wizardik
Enthusiast

I download books in the PDF format..
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #6
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Thrn Mantano should be thr best choice for you.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
wizardik
Enthusiast

Where i can download version for tablets?
Old 01-15-2012, 05:38 AM   #8
wizardik
Enthusiast

I cant install Mantano Reader because when it begin install (when i click on this with file manager) it show error: There is a problem parsing the package.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:42 AM   #9
wizardik
Enthusiast

Else reader with formats pdf,epub and doc,?
Old 01-15-2012, 06:16 AM   #10
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardik View Post
I cant install Mantano Reader because when it begin install (when i click on this with file manager) it show error: There is a problem parsing the package.
Is necessary root IQ701 and edit build.prop

For root: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Pocketbook_IQ_701

section "How to Root"

After this, install root explorer, enter in System, make directory writable pushing on RW, then long press on build.prop and select open in editor, then change

ro.build.version.sdk=5 with ro.build.version.sdk=7

restart and install Mantano
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:54 AM   #11
wizardik
Enthusiast

I cant open in editor..I dont have this select only open as text and when i select it show clear white field..

Last edited by wizardik; 01-15-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #12
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What you're looking for is a good PDF viewer, not an ebook reader.

Look at ezPDF and Repligo.
I favor Repligo, but its a paid app and ezPDF is free.
Again, plenty to choose from on SlideME and Freeware Lovers.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #13
wizardik
Enthusiast

ezPDF is the same problem like mantano and Repligo i tried its too slow slowly than classic reader..
Old 01-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #14
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Then you're looking at a mismatch between the hardware and the content.
Reading pdfs on anything less than a full blown PC is a crap-shoot.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:29 AM   #15
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Then you're looking at a mismatch between the hardware and the content.
Reading pdfs on anything less than a full blown PC is a crap-shoot.
It's not. Reading pdfs on my A10 with the native reader, Adobe or Mantano is fast and slick and easily manageable, but then it's a 10 inch screen.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote