Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Kindle Spring Spectacular (UK only)

Over 200 ebooks in the UK Kindle store at bargain prices until 2nd May:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=s9_al_...rd_i=159676147

Lots of film tie-in and other books. I'm not sure I can resist!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Over 200 ebooks in the UK Kindle store at bargain prices until 2nd May:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=s9_al_...rd_i=159676147

Lots of film tie-in and other books. I'm not sure I can resist!
I'm very tempted by

The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ by Philip Pullman
Eagle of the Ninth by Rosemary Sutcliffe
Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz
Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist
For Richer for Poorer by Victoria Voren
Peter Pan in Scarlet by Geraldine McCaughrean
and
A Man Without a Country by Kurt Vonnegut

All over 80% off, and all under £1.50!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I will cheerfully recommend Tim Powers' Declare, which seems to be on the list, and is awesome, especially if you like Lovecraftian Cold War spy thrillers à la Stross.

ETA: You can also pick up a pre-order of Powers' On Stranger Tides for a mere pound sterling. In Canada, it'll apparently be going for somewhere around $14 USD.

Last edited by ATDrake; 04-19-2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Add direct linkage, where it's going for £1.23.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #4
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
I'll very strongly recommend Them by Jon Ronson, who is also the author of The Men Who Stare At Goats, later made into a film. Very strongly recommend.

Also in the deal is Sacred Games, a superb and intelligent thriller set in Mumbai, by an Indian author. I already had this in paper, and for such a ridiculously low price I had to have it in e-format. Highly recommended. I defy you to read the first pages and not want to read the rest.

Tamburlaine Must Die is a solid piece of work by Scottish literary crime writer Louise Welsh, and a departure from her usual, more contemporary work. Definitely worth checking out for this price.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:54 AM   #5
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
I also spotted Green Zone, by Rajiv Chandrasekaran, incorrectly placed in fiction when it should be in non-fiction. It was originally called Imperial Life in the Emerald City, and is an excellent and sometimes hilarious journalistic account of life inside occupied Baghdad's Green Zone. The packaging, however, makes it look like some bog-standard Bourne-style thriller when it's anything but. For this price, it's a no-brainer, in my opinion.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert