Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #151
Gambor
Gambor began at the beginning.

Device: iq 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by francadaniel View Post
I have installed the repack on my brand new pocketbook nand everything went wrong: now the system doesnt start. It remains on the Android logo forever.
I waited till the battery ran out to try and install the version 2.0.6 of the firmware, but cant do it. The firmware doesnt load, and the word android appears again.

Any help will be welcomed

Sorry for my English!
I have the same problem. Can someone help me to fix it?

Thank you in advance.
Gambor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:46 PM   #152
Qualls
Qualls began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by francadaniel View Post
I have installed the repack on my brand new pocketbook nand everything went wrong: now the system doesnt start. It remains on the Android logo forever.
I waited till the battery ran out to try and install the version 2.0.6 of the firmware, but cant do it. The firmware doesnt load, and the word android appears again.

Any help will be welcomed

Sorry for my English!
Sorry for my english too.

I had the same problem; all the time and again with the android word and with no start of the system. I think the problem was for a bad copy of the firmware in the external card.

I solved it doing this:

1. I downloaded the 2.1.1 official firmware and installed it. Be sure when you copy it to the external card that has the same lenght than the original.

2. When succesfully installed I downgraded it with the 2.0.6 firmware, but the EU one, not the EN one. Dont know if is important or not, but I did so.

3. Follow the non-ugly instructions to install market.

Good luck.
Qualls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #153
wizardik
Enthusiast
wizardik began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
How to Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualls View Post
Sorry for my english too.

I had the same problem; all the time and again with the android word and with no start of the system. I think the problem was for a bad copy of the firmware in the external card.

I solved it doing this:

1. I downloaded the 2.1.1 official firmware and installed it. Be sure when you copy it to the external card that has the same lenght than the original.

2. When succesfully installed I downgraded it with the 2.0.6 firmware, but the EU one, not the EN one. Dont know if is important or not, but I did so.

3. Follow the non-ugly instructions to install market.

Good luck.
How to install new firmware? When i type POWER+VOLUME UP it doesn't work... I have the problem about 5days and i can not install it and complete this problem... If somebody complete it please send here thread...so much please....
wizardik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:39 AM   #154
csauv
csauv began at the beginning.

Device: IQ701
firmware 2 1 2

Hello

I have the 2 1 2 firmware preinstalled on my new IQ701. Is that possible to install the repack in order to access to the android market? Or is there is another solution?
Thanks very much!
csauv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #155
wizardik
Enthusiast

Dont

Dont install repack! It desnt work...it fucked my pocketbook it doesnt launch it...
Advert
Old 01-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #156
obiwan99
obiwan99 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardik View Post
How to install new firmware? When i type POWER+VOLUME UP it doesn't work... I have the problem about 5days and i can not install it and complete this problem... If somebody complete it please send here thread...so much please....
You do not "type" power+volume up, you press the volume up (+) key on the side of your pocketbook. Then, while holding it, you press the power on button. Then you wait until you see the android logo appearing.

If the pocketbook reboots, you either have a damaged firmware on your SD (check whether you can unzip it on your PC), the SD filesystem is broken (on linux you could try running fsck on the device), or the firmware cannot override some settings. There are some dealerupdates around that usually work better for wiping a broken install (perhaps someone can post a link).

As for me, I had good results fixing broken installs by using
http://download.pocketbook-int.com/f...01SWUPDATE.zip

and after that flashing the version I like.

but YMMV.

EDIT: by the way, the repack in this thread is quite old. There are newer (and better) custom firmwares out if you check the forum.
obiwan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #157
wizardik
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan99 View Post
You do not "type" power+volume up, you press the volume up (+) key on the side of your pocketbook. Then, while holding it, you press the power on button. Then you wait until you see the android logo appearing.

If the pocketbook reboots, you either have a damaged firmware on your SD (check whether you can unzip it on your PC), the SD filesystem is broken (on linux you could try running fsck on the device), or the firmware cannot override some settings. There are some dealerupdates around that usually work better for wiping a broken install (perhaps someone can post a link).

As for me, I had good results fixing broken installs by using
http://download.pocketbook-int.com/f...01SWUPDATE.zip

and after that flashing the version I like.

but YMMV.

EDIT: by the way, the repack in this thread is quite old. There are newer (and better) custom firmwares out if you check the forum.
I do a VOLUME UP AND POWER but its not boot (system) and its cant do a load new firmware..
Old 02-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #158
Schmelenok
Schmelenok began at the beginning.

Device: PB IQ701
Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan99 View Post
I was looking but could't find.
Can you show any link?
Thanks
Schmelenok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #159
obiwan99
obiwan99 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Here for example:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=160159

I am quite happy with it, although wifi does not work for some. Flash 2.0.6 before you flash this one.

Unfortunately, it seems no longer maintained, which is a pity. I had half a mind to take over but my current life does not really allow me the time to dive in such a project
obiwan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #160
c16621
c16621 began at the beginning.

Hi - I'm a newbie. If someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it...

I tried flashing my new IQ 701 with the EU 2.1.1 upgrade on the Pocketbook site. It loaded and ran, but wifi wouldn't work (probably because I'm in America, and the EU in EU 2.1.1 stands for Europe. I.T. standards are different there) with my American L2\L3 switching device on my home network.

I went back to EN 2.0.6 and got it to work but, of course, it won't run a lot of the android apps that are out now. some of that is a given with the firmware downgrade, but it won't run some of the old Android apps. It's slow, too. I got Advanced Task Killer to kill all unneccessary running apps to take the load off the CPU and conserve memory. This helped, but I want the maximum amount of resources to be made available to my CPU.

This leads me to two questions:

1. What is the hands-down best of the latest EN (English) firmware upgrades for the IQ 701? (best being the latest version that is the most dependable, and runs all the apps without having them habitually crash out, mod or not.

2. What is the best method of upgrading the internal SD card, if possible?

Technical responses welcome.

Thanks.........
c16621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #161
lettingg0
lettingg0 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook IQ701
please help

I am having the same problem someone else did. I tried the 2.03 and it gets to the android screen in the portrait position and it just sits there. I can't shut if off unless I hold down the reset and then it does the same thing.
I disconnected the battery and tried a different card with v2.02 on it and it does the same thing.
I am going on vacation in a couple of days and I need my reader! Please help.
lettingg0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #162
Kino
Enthusiast
Kino began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook
Same problem here! I cannot even re-install the original firmware - it's totally screwed up the device completely.

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE REMOVE THE LINKS TO THIS SOFTWARE OR AT LEAST POST A WARNING MESSAGE ABOUT IT???

If anybody knows how I can recover my (now useless) device it would be much appreciated.
Kino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #163
Kino
Enthusiast

Same problem here! I cannot even re-install the original firmware - it's totally screwed up the device completely.

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE REMOVE THE LINKS TO THIS SOFTWARE OR AT LEAST POST A WARNING MESSAGE ABOUT IT???

If anybody knows how I can recover my (now useless) device it would be much appreciated.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:20 AM   #164
Kino
Enthusiast

OK - for those of you who are experiencing problems I have discovered (after much searching) that when you do an update from an sd card there must be no other files on the sd card at all other that the update.

In this way I was able to recover the device.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:21 AM   #165
Kino
Enthusiast

OK - for those of you who are experiencing problems I have discovered (after much searching) that when you do an update from an sd card there must be no other files on the sd card at all other that the update.

In this way I was able to recover the device.