Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-12-2017, 05:29 PM   #16051
ema1982
ema1982 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I have a promo code that expires tonight, and I cannot apply it to any promo eligible books. I contacted Kobo this morning about the problem and they were very rude and unhelpful. What do I do? I'm on hold with their customer service right now and have been for the past eighteen minutes.
ema1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:14 AM   #16052
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
A new 90% off code!

Use promo code: EFW4QB

One potential limiting factor may be this sentence that came with the email:

"We haven't seen you in a while. If you were waiting for a great deal, you're in luck."

So it may be limited to certain accounts but is worth checking out. I just got the New Annotated H. P. Lovecraft for $3.20 (ebook price was $31.99).
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2017, 05:38 PM   #16053
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quick info: NXT50READ + GRT50BOOKS just worked with a UK address for me. I'm certain I used it before. Might want to try it again if you already did :-)

[edit]Those two worked with CA right now:
Welcome20
20anniversary

The rest didn't.
I guess they store how long ago it was used for each customer?

Last edited by Cyberman tM; 01-21-2017 at 10:52 PM.
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 02:08 AM   #16054
Willza
Willza has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Similarly, OPEN75UP just worked for me on an account where I have used it before. Though the 90% off code didn't... I'm quite surprised those codes still work - nice of Kobo!!
Willza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:52 AM   #16055
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
None of those codes worked for me again, I tried all three.

Last edited by Josieb1; 01-18-2017 at 07:59 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2017, 07:20 PM   #16056
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
None of those codes worked for me again, I tried all three.
Same here. .
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:01 PM   #16057
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Same here.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 04:52 PM   #16058
Confucio
Confucio knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Confucio knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Confucio knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Confucio knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Confucio knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Confucio knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Confucio knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Confucio knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Confucio knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Confucio knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Confucio knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Some 90% codes that I'm not going to use:

94EHDD -> Exp. Jan. 22
66XBLS -> Exp. Jan. 22
C7GTRS -> Exp. Jan 27
Confucio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #16059
Enthusiast
1234 is a rising star in the heavens1234 is a rising star in the heavens1234 is a rising star in the heavens1234 is a rising star in the heavens1234 is a rising star in the heavens1234 is a rising star in the heavens1234 is a rising star in the heavens1234 is a rising star in the heavens1234 is a rising star in the heavens1234 is a rising star in the heavens1234 is a rising star in the heavens

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confucio View Post
Some 90% codes that I'm not going to use:

94EHDD -> Exp. Jan. 22
66XBLS -> Exp. Jan. 22
C7GTRS -> Exp. Jan 27
Thanks!
I used one. I don't remember which, but they are all gone now so I guess it doesn't matter.
1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:25 PM   #16060
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
I really need to stalk this thread more.

Adding:
Just got an email about a 30% off coupon. 30JAN. Possibly only specific titles.
Tested and only seems to work on books here.
US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/p/30jan

On another note, I have not seen this mentioned here (I did do a quick search and didn't see anything about it). Scholastic appears to no longer be discountable. They no longer have the little VIP symbol next to it and I've found codes that do work on other books for me, but not those.

Last edited by peachiekene; 01-20-2017 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Adding to a post rather than double posting. Includes coupon code, link, and status update on a publisher.
peachiekene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:35 AM   #16061
Fuba
Fuba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fuba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fuba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fuba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fuba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fuba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fuba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fuba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fuba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fuba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fuba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Sadly, I have 90% codes and can't make use of them. All the books on my to-buy list appear to be not discount-able. Hope it can benefit someone else ...

UNV8MS 90% exp. 27 Jan
7TVA2L 90% exp. 27 Jan
Fuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:27 AM   #16062
Susan A
Groupie
Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Aura H20
Here's something weird. I have a KOBO account with a NEGATIVE balance. They think I owe them money. I guess it's a good thing I don't save credit card info to my account.

Looking through my purchase history, the amount in question matches a book I bought in August 2015 with one of those $5.00 coupons -- the ones they gave out before they imposed the must spend at least $5 to use it. (yes I keep track of that sort thing) I have bought books after this date. This negative balance showed up sometime after June 2016 as best I can tell.

They haven't sent any notices asking for the money. Has anyone else has this occur?
Susan A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 03:01 PM   #16063
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Many years ago. I got oops we forget to charge you email from them they then charged the amount but no never had a negative amount. I'd contact support.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:12 PM   #16064
Susan A
Groupie
Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan A ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Aura H20
I found the receipts though. The one in Aug 2015 paid through store credit. And the receipts for the books I bought after that date that do not show a negative balance.

I don't think I want to bother fighting with their customer service dept. I'll just create a new account. I always download my books immediately, so it doesn't matter to me if I don't have my library.
Susan A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 05:02 AM   #16065
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan A View Post
I always download my books immediately, so it doesn't matter to me if I don't have my library.
My Kobo library saved my sanity a few days ago. I don't know how it happened, but the ebook I downloaded a couple of years ago had formatting glitches that didn't show up when I opened my Kobo app for the first time in ages and downloaded a fresh copy there. (I don't think it got updated, as the book's no longer for sale there.) Wound up reading the book on one device and using the app to nail down the needed fixes.

I'm not sure that would've worked if I'd dusted off a backup of my original download.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals