Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #1
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
Mark forums read in the mobile version

How can I mark forums read in the mobile version? I tried logging out and back in, but all the same threads were still marked as new.

Thanks.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:03 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I'm so sorry about you getting an answer yet. I don't use the mobile version, but will see if I can get a more knowledgeable member to answer.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2010, 02:41 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRain View Post
How can I mark forums read in the mobile version? I tried logging out and back in, but all the same threads were still marked as new.

Thanks.
Generally, threads are marked read when you read the last post. This is the same, for the non-mobile and the mobile version of MR.

A forum is marked read when you have read /all/ threads within a forum. Again, the same applies for both versions.

In the non-mobile version, you have an additional button "mark this forum read" which marks all threads in a forum as read (and thus marks the entire forum as read). In the mobile version, we've deliberately excluded this button, because of accidental clicks that would be irreversible.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:12 AM   #4
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
In the mobile version, we've deliberately excluded this button
I don't know how other people use the feature, but I usually just read the threads that are of interest to me and then mark everything as read and log out. That way, only the new posts since my last log-in are shown the next time I log in. It's something very convenient that's being denied me simply because I'm using the mobile version.
Would it be possible to include a "Mark Forums Read" button in an out-of-the-way place? I don't think it would cause too much trouble for mobile users.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote