Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-17-2010, 04:20 AM   #1
dcross9818
Enthusiast
dcross9818 doesn't litterdcross9818 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-350, Kobo Aura, Kindle PW2, Voyage (broke), Oasis
Buy sony prs 350/650 at borders and get a free lighted case

Just got an email from the borders rewards and the are offering the lighted case free with purchase until 10/30. I couldn't find the offer on their website, but here is a link to the offer from the email.

Here
and here is the entire email.

---dcross9818
dcross9818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:35 AM   #2
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Received the email tonight also. I wonder if they'll sell out quickly.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2010, 04:44 AM   #3
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Wow, that's a good deal, if they actually have enough stock. Could be they have two covers and then - sorry, sold out!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #4
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IpadAir; IpadMini2; FireHDX8.9; Kindle Voyage
I was on the Sonystyle website this morning, and they are offering a $50 gift card with purchase of either PRS-350/650, good until the end of the month. I'm not sure which deal I prefer.
paulak39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #5
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Lucky guys.
There's no such promotion at Sony Germany or German bookstores selling the PRS devices.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #6
Pagali
Enthusiast
Pagali is on a distinguished road

Device: PC, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 4
Got my 650 and lighted cover at my local Border's this morning.. Whoo hoo!
Pagali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #7
dcross9818
Enthusiast
dcross9818 doesn't litterdcross9818 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-350, Kobo Aura, Kindle PW2, Voyage (broke), Oasis
They told me no, they never got any in, they have none on order, and they don't plan on doing anything about it. sadface.

---dcross9818
dcross9818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:03 PM   #8
yakuzaboss
Groupie
yakuzaboss is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
Thats such a great deal.
yakuzaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:24 PM   #9
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Oh that's a bummer. Us early adopters didn't get any fun promos like that. Enjoy your readers folks they're great.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:27 PM   #10
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
The problem with Borders is that they don't have many covers. The one I checked had three 650s and two covers. After I showed up, they were down to two 650's and one cover. I didn't ask if they are giving rain checks for those who buy the 650 and want a free cover. Does the email say anything about being limited to items in stock only?
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #11
Bro Pete
Connoisseur
Bro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Sony PRS 650
I ordered my PRS-650 yesterday on the phone with Sony. When I read about this Borders promotion I got on the phone to find out if it was a Sony or Borders promotion. To Sony's credit they said it was not their promotion but would match the offer. I had to do was provide a copy of the promotion and email it to them. The email I received was specific to my order number, so I guess a phone call to Sony Style gets the ball rolling.

I'm thinking I like Sony
Bro Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:47 PM   #12
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
The email from Borders says that the offer is only good in store. Given how few covers Borders has on hand, the Sony price matching might be the best way to go. The Borders email has been posted over in the Sony Reader forum.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:43 PM   #13
Bindi
Bindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankindBindi has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Palm Tungsten T3; Sony PRS-350; Pocketbook 360
I'm in St Louis and the two stores near me weren't aware of the promotion and the stores don't have covers. Last week one of these stores told my mother that no covers were expected until after the first of November. I've emailed Borders to ask if they plan on honoring the coupon. I've also told them to prove me wrong about it being a ploy to lure in customers hoping they'd buy a reader even though there were no covers.
Bindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:26 AM   #14
zhi
zhi began at the beginning.

Device: None
It's no longer just limited to Borders though. I just checked B&H and they're having the same offer. A bit upset because I just placed an order for both the reader and the lighted case last week. Had to pay full price for both and the items haven't even shipped..

But I guess others should take advantage of the offer. Offer ends 30/10/2010.
zhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:49 AM   #15
Pagali
Enthusiast
Pagali is on a distinguished road

Device: PC, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 4
Yes, I just received another email from Border's with the same offer and now it says "Valid in-store and at Borders.com" This time there are promotional codes for the readers.

@zhi: If your order hasn't shipped, you might be able to cancel??

Last edited by Pagali; 10-19-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Pagali is offline   Reply With Quote