Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 12:25 AM   #1
nguirado
Wizard
nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nguirado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Centering PDF

I read a pdf magazine. It's in 2 columns. I need to zoom it. The problem is that moving it from one side to another cute 20% of the second column off so I have to go back and forth every line. Is there a way to center it somewhere else?
nguirado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:52 AM   #2
si14
si14 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
shift+pan will help you
si14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 04:19 AM   #3
julian1982
julian1982 began at the beginning.

Device: none
pan?!!!!
julian1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:33 AM   #4
PoisonWolf
Enthusiast
PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
I just found this out yesterday for my dual-column academic PDFs and I love my frigging Kindle so much now.

Choose ACTUAL SIZE. While in that mode, if for example, you move right with the joystick, you might find that you've moved too much and you only see half of the right column, simply hold down shift (Up arrow key), and hit left. You should see the right column perfectly clear now.

Cheers.
PoisonWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
playful
Mammal
playful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kindle DXG
Hi nguirado,

As an Adobe Creative Suite devotee, I'd try a roundabout solution on Acrobat Pro, even if that took a couple hours of my life!... LOL...

In Acrobat Pro, I'd crop close to the left column, and extract all the cropped pages in a folder. I'd then reopen the file, and repeat for the left column. Next, I'd use Lupas Rename to fix the page sequence in my Left and Right folders, so that the left and right pages would order correctly: 01, 02 etc. Finally, I'd put everything back together in a master folder and combine the lot into a PDF via Acrobat Pro.

Happy cropping!

Smiles,

Andy
playful is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 08:45 PM   #6
playful
Mammal
playful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kindle DXG
Update: OMG... Just read another thread that makes my Acrobat Pro technique totally obsolete!... LOL... It's about BRISS, a program that does the multi-column cropping for you. Just tried it, it's a champ.

Cheers,

Andy
playful is offline   Reply With Quote