Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 02:17 PM   #1
kponds
kponds began at the beginning.

Barely used Sony Reader

I bought a Sony Reader last week and while it's lovely, I think I prefer regular books, and Borders doesn't take returns.

It's in like-new condition, has a bunch of manybooks/gutenberg texts loaded on it, and also Snow Crash which I bought from the sony store. According to NatCh below you will also get the $50 promotional offer from the Sony CONNECT store when you sign up.

Comes with all software/cables/boxes everything.

I just want a fair amount of it so that I can feel not-guilty about buying it. $300 should be fine, and for that price I'll ship UPS ground to anywhere in the continental US. If you are outside of the US, we will discuss shipping options.

I know since I just registered and this is my first post, it might be taken that I'm a scammer. I assure you that is not the case. I prefer to use Paypal, which makes it fairly easy for you to get your money back, should their be a dispute. If this is not enough, I can provide references.

Last edited by kponds; 03-19-2007 at 02:33 PM. Reason: info from NatCh below about the connect promotion
Old 03-19-2007, 02:27 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hey, kponds, welcome to MobileRead.

One thing you probably want to be aware of is that the Connect books you bought on your account won't work on the Reader once it's de-authorized from your account, and it has to be de-authorized from your account before your buyer can authorize it to his/her own account, but they'll get a $50 credit of their very own when they authorize on their account, as long as they do it before the deadline, which I think is the end of April, so there's still a good bit of time left.
Advert
Old 03-19-2007, 02:30 PM   #3
kponds

Ok...so even if they buy my used reader, they will still get the $50 (assuming they register before the end of April)? That's great then, makes it a whole lot better.

Thanks NatCh.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:37 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yup, you got it. And you're welcome.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:33 PM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
From the conditions:
Quote:
Limit one (1) Credit per Sony Reader device. For purposes of the Offer, you may only register your Sony Reader device at the Site one time.
Each Reader has a unique number and I doubt they would allow second registrations to get the credit again.
Advert
Old 03-19-2007, 05:09 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist

You're right, igorsk, I checked into it again, and it won't give a second credit on the same Reader.

Sorry for the error, kponds.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:24 AM   #7
kponds

Ok, since you can't get the free books, I will reduce the price to $275 then.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:23 AM   #8
ericastillwell
ericastillwell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sent you a PM. I'm definitely interested!
Old 03-27-2007, 10:22 AM   #9
kponds

Sold to Erica, thanks.
Closed Thread