Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #1
ratflinger
Enthusiast
ratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: K3, Touch, Paperwhite 3G
Received my Prodigy cover today

Got the pebble black & functionally there is nothing wrong with it. However after a couple of trips w/o said cover I've gotten used to the slim feel of the Kindle w/o any cover. It's light & easy to hold. Kindle in the cover feels bulky. I want some protection, but I'm not sure this is it.
ratflinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:01 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
You don't find the Kindle2 slippery?
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:26 AM   #3
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
I would recommend www.sfbags.com for a sleeve or a slip case then. Very nice and protective and meant for if you prefer to read out of the case.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:25 AM   #4
kyliedork
Connoisseur
kyliedork doesn't litterkyliedork doesn't litter

Device: kindle
Yes, i think lighter covers are the best. but hey, you don't know until you try
kyliedork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:51 AM   #5
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I got the Patagonia case. Light in weight and it zips up, offering a lot of protection. And the reader comes out easily if you want to hold just it.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #6
ratflinger
Enthusiast
ratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneratflinger makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisreed View Post
I would recommend www.sfbags.com for a sleeve or a slip case then. Very nice and protective and meant for if you prefer to read out of the case.
Yes, I may give the slip case a try. I ordered a decalgirl skin for it so the slip case should work great in conjunction with that.

Quote:
Ervserver-You don't find the Kindle2 slippery?
No. I have large hands. The bottom corner fits in between my pinky & ring finger (either hand), 3 fingers under it for support & thumb on the Next Page key.

The only upside I see to the Prodigy is the way the lamp fits in the cover, but of course you can't get one yet.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:16 PM   #7
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I like my Prodigy but I'm waiting for the light.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:48 PM   #8
klrodrigues
klrodrigues began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I have the Amazon cover & am very pleased with it. I can hold it like a book, prop it on a table if I am doing something or I can fold back the cover for 1 handed reading.
klrodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:29 AM   #9
shima
読みすぎる
shima began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
My prodigy cover shipped yesterday, so I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow, Tuesday or Wednesday... I ordered Jade Green.
shima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:35 AM   #10
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
My Kindle slips out of his cover everytime we curl up together. When we are out in public he stays properly covered, but in bed at night? Au natural!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:04 PM   #11
Old Man
Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Old Man has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
My K2 also goes au natural when we are reading together. But for protection in public I bought the Belkin slip case sold by Amazon. Perfect fit and zips up to hold my K2 safely. Does have a strong oder when you first receive it, but after a week of airing the oder disappears.
Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:09 PM   #12
ratflinger
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratflinger View Post
Yes, I may give the slip case a try. I ordered a decalgirl skin for it so the slip case should work great in conjunction with that.

No. I have large hands. The bottom corner fits in between my pinky & ring finger (either hand), 3 fingers under it for support & thumb on the Next Page key.

The only upside I see to the Prodigy is the way the lamp fits in the cover, but of course you can't get one yet.

I received the sfbags.com slip case & it's great. Fits snug but not to tight. I would like a velcro closure on top, just in case. Right now it won't slip out, but I assume some stretch. I'm going to install the decalgirl skin tonight
Old 03-26-2009, 08:35 PM   #13
ratflinger
Enthusiast

Just added the decalgirl skin. Easy to install & looks great! I am very pleased.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:04 PM   #14
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
@ratflinger: have you got any pictures? Do you know how it compares to the Amazon cover?

I have the Amazon cover myself and I'm a little disappointed. I don't like the fact that it doesn't have a latch in the front, and that it flops around in the back because it doesn't have the tabs to hold it in place. Also, it triples the bulk and doubles the weight, and I'm much more inclined to read my Kindle naked than with the cover as a result. Scratch that. I mean read my naked Kindle. Well, without the case. You know what I mean...

Anyway, I'm drawn to the M-edge cases, and if they're even a little thinner or a little lighter, I'll probably get one. Or maybe I'll go with a sleeve and a skin, though in all my gadgeting life I've never had a sleeve for any device and even the thought makes me queasy.

Also, if you decide not to go with the Prodigy case, I'd be interested in taking it off your hands if the price is reasonable.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #15
ratflinger
Enthusiast

weatherman - sorry, I returned it for credit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k1.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	26622   Click image for larger version

Name:	k2.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	26623   Click image for larger version

Name:	k3.jpg
Views:	301