Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Left-handed or Right-handed? Which are you?
Right handed 81 68.07%
Left handed 30 25.21%
Ambidextrous 8 6.72%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2013, 06:47 AM   #31
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I am right handed although my left hand is faster. I am also left footed. You find out things like this when practicing the Martial Arts.
Apache

Good point - I forgot that - I fight Lefty in tourments. Its fun to watch my opponents get confused when I enter the ring
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:53 AM   #32
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I am right handed although my left hand is faster. I am also left footed. You find out things like this when practicing the Martial Arts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Good point - I forgot that - I fight Lefty in tourments. Its fun to watch my opponents get confused when I enter the ring
That was a distinct advantage for me as well. In Asian fighting arts, there is more left-right exposure, but my left was always faster any way. But in Fencing, where there is ONLY one side facing an opponent, being left-handed gave me a wonderful advantage. I was almost always facing right-handed people (just as they were) and used to it. But I was facing the same problem when I fenced against a lefty too! I was fortunate in that I had two lefties in my clubs to practice with.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:55 AM   #33
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
That was a distinct advantage for me as well. In Asian fighting arts, there is more left-right exposure, but my left was always faster any way. But in Fencing, where there is ONLY one side facing an opponent, being left-handed gave me a wonderful advantage. I was almost always facing right-handed people (just as they were) and used to it. But I was facing the same problem when I fenced against a lefty too! I was fortunate in that I had two lefties in my clubs to practice with.

Stitchawl
I find it to be a big help in Karate style arts, but no real advantage in Aikido. Maybe once we start training with the Katana that will change.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:05 AM   #34
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
Oh well..

Spoiler:
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:06 AM   #35
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I am a righty and was really screwed when I broke the right elbow since I can't do anything with my left except catch a ball.

Lucas seems to leaning toward being a lefty. He reaches for everything with his left hand first. No idea if that really means anything at 7 months.

Last edited by ProfCrash; 01-31-2013 at 08:20 AM.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:05 AM   #36
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Lucas seems to leaning toward being a lefty. He reaches for everything with his left hand first. Know idea if that really means anything at 7 months.
All lefties... Five out of the last seven U.S. Presidents, Leonardo Da Vinci, Paul Klee, Michelangelo, Henri de Toulouse Lautrec, Peter Paul Rubens, Albert Einstein, Napoleon Bonaparte, Julius Caesar, Aristotle, Neil Armstrong, Henry Ford, Marie Curie, Joan of Arc, Helen Keller, Winston Churchill, Drew Barrymore, Kim Basinger, Charlie Chaplin, Tom Cruise, Robert De Niro, Matt Dillon, Morgan Freeman, Judy Garland, Whoopi Goldberg, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Sylvester Stallone, Chewbacca the Wookie, Stitchawl...

... just sayin'.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:03 AM   #37
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
All lefties... Five out of the last seven U.S. Presidents, Leonardo Da Vinci, Paul Klee, Michelangelo, Henri de Toulouse Lautrec, Peter Paul Rubens, Albert Einstein, Napoleon Bonaparte, Julius Caesar, Aristotle, Neil Armstrong, Henry Ford, Marie Curie, Joan of Arc, Helen Keller, Winston Churchill, Drew Barrymore, Kim Basinger, Charlie Chaplin, Tom Cruise, Robert De Niro, Matt Dillon, Morgan Freeman, Judy Garland, Whoopi Goldberg, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Sylvester Stallone, Chewbacca the Wookie, Stitchawl...

... just sayin'.

Stitchawl
And all the other famous people are right handed people I won't start the list, would be too long anyway!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #38
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
right - me, wife and daughter.
left - son !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:22 AM   #39
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I am left-handed. I love being different and so it is a pleasure to see that I am in the minority here. It's a pleasure to have most things in the world being so different than what I need. My favorites are can-openers and scissors.

I don't think I would know how to act if the world was more left-handed!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:15 AM   #40
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Lefthanded.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:23 AM   #41
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I'm lefthanded, and so is my oldest son. The only ones in the family . The only difference is that I do mostly everything else with my right. My father always thought there was something wrong with me and tried to get me to write with my right hand when I was a kid. He has issues and also from India.

Last edited by Pookeysgirl; 01-31-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #42
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I am a righty and was really screwed when I broke the right elbow since I can't do anything with my left except catch a ball.

Lucas seems to leaning toward being a lefty. He reaches for everything with his left hand first. No idea if that really means anything at 7 months.
It might. My oldest always reached for toys and pulled himself up with his left and turned out to be lefthanded. My youngest always used his right hand.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #43
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Right handed my good man.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #44
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I am right handed but was left eyed until I lost my central vision in my left eye. The transition to being a right eyed person was a bit confusing at first, but eventually it sorted out. The only time it really makes a difference is when your sighting something, as in aiming a firearm or in archery. Have you ever tried to find a left handed bow? If they exist, I’ve never seen one!

I’m told that given equal or nearly equal visual acuity, it is unusual for a right dominant person to have opposite visual dominance, so I’m a bit of a rarity.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #45
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I am left-handed. I love being different and so it is a pleasure to see that I am in the minority here. It's a pleasure to have most things in the world being so different than what I need. My favorites are can-openers and scissors.

I don't think I would know how to act if the world was more left-handed!
My ex was a lefty, and she had a catalog for lefties. I remember seeing several pairs of left handed scissors in all price ranges. I don’t recall if they sold any can openers though.

Found it!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote